• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
So P Johnsons becoming the 'Australian Members' approved tailor. The stuff looks good i must say, maybe i'll have to give them a try.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Perhaps - but he didn't invite you. But we all know you are sneaking out of work and sleazing up the Bourke Mall to perve on all the female ABCs queued outside Zara in their Hello Kitty gear.
Blast and damnation I have been found out! Anyway, here's a little something for anyone with small feet but a big...heart. Nice conservative pair of Church Sheldon black captoe oxfords, 7UK. Slight second £195.00.
Church-Church%20Sheldon-Black%20Calf-2169-1143-3.jpg

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright every one that has asked for an invite so far, I have just sent one to.

I understand that Google is throttling invites so be patient.

Special dispensation will be required from here on in for me to send invites out.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you just want beaters, maybe you would consider Herrings Cantebury whih is only 115GBP. Or if you dont mind the trendier white rubber sole there are some chukkas on clearance for only 55GBP

jhof5421

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
If you just want beaters, maybe you would consider Herrings Cantebury whih is only 115GBP. Or if you dont mind the trendier white rubber sole there are some chukkas on clearance for only 55GBP

Thanks for the suggestion Blahman. I think the chisel toe on the Canterbury looks a bit better.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Ernesto
Kudos to the guy on the 96 tram this AM - lilac chinos, brown suede shoes, windowpane shirt, navy pea coat.

i was on a 96 this morning but that wasnt me. still hoping to get spotted soon
smile.gif
especially since i work in a nab office that looks just like that one in the pic.

and since when does a chan suit cost 3k?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who is going down to Sofitel Monday afternoon?

Smudge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhof5421
Guys, has anyone had experience with the Loake Pimlico Chukka boots? http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=2 Would love a pair of the C&J Tetbury's but having trouble justifying the extra spend on what are essentially suede boots which will no doubt cop a good beating on a night out.
I've got a pair of Loake suede chukkas, I was tossing up between the Kempton (26 Last) and Pimlico (Capital Last) which, lasts aside, seem to be very similar: both are from 1880 range and have dainite soles. The Kemptons are GBP20 cheaper. I love mine and would say, go for it!

quar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
i was on a 96 this morning but that wasnt me. still hoping to get spotted soon
smile.gif
especially since i work in a nab office that looks just like that one in the pic.

and since when does a chan suit cost 3k?

I'm not talking smack, I am talking from experience. Well obviously they don't all cost 3000AU. I paid 2100AU in August 2010 (H&S Crispaire, 2 Piece). Prices have since gone up by more than 10%, and the fabric I had my dinner suit made in is certainly more costly than H&S Crispaire. Chan's upcharges on premium fabrics is certainly more compared to P Johnson also.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quar
I'm not talking smack, I am talking from experience. Well obviously they don't all cost 3000AU. I paid 2100AU in August 2010 (H&S Crispaire, 2 Piece). Prices have since gone up by more than 10%, and the fabric I had my dinner suit made in is certainly more costly than H&S Crispaire. Chan's upcharges on premium fabrics is certainly more compared to P Johnson also.

i didnt mean to offend you. ive had a few things made up by chan, a few suits from lessers 10/11 suitings and a harrisons havana and they were all around 12000 hkd, or under 1500 aud (the last of those done in dec 2010).

im sure ill try p johnson sooner rather than later. in fact, i would have gone down the dinner suit route if i had more notice of the event, rather than the ****** rental i will be sporting tonight

what fabric did you use, for the record?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of HK bespoke, are there actually any cheap but decent bespoke places left in HK? By cheap I mean still under $1000.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For those that asked for google+ invitations apparently google is allowing an intake at the moment so hop on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads