• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Hunt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! I will definitely try them out. Would you happen to know their approximate costs? I'll probably venture down to Oscar Hunt sometime next week..
We look forward to having you in the showroom! Our Saphir products are priced at;

Water resistant suede spray - $25
Renovatuer cream - $25
Wax (High-gloss clear) - $12
Creme' black - $22
Horshair Brush - $25
Nubuck and Suede Eraser - $20

Some photos of a navy windowpane double breasted jacket from the Huddersfield Attraction collection, 100% wool.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi
Hi Pete

Thanks for arranging this I'd be interested too. Please advise payments etc and I will get that done.

Cheers
Hi SpallaCamicia

No more NdN.

I still have some Amber Absolute and Tuscan Leather if you are interested. Please PM me.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been on a copping spree lately (rare for me).

Flight to Iran

Still to buy

A desk that isn't a ************* (any recommendations for my first piece of big boy furniture?)

Iran - super jealous. On my list but not sure when or if it will happen. My cup of tea but think my wife is keener on other places first.

As for a desk - eBay. Seriously. I have picked up some superb please there including an old early 20th Postman's Desk. Heavy, beautiful piece.

http://linenforsummertweedforwinter...649512/a-vintage-postmans-desk-deskiwononebay

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt,

I really like IKEA's Linnmon/Alex series which is highly customizable in terms of length, height, colour etc.

I also like the Malm which is mnmlist heaven. Only problem is its a little short at 72cm tall.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know Oli - I know it's probably a bit contrite to hate on Ikea because of what it is (disposable, DIY stuff), but while most of their stuff has been OK - I'm always a bit underwhelmed by the lack of solidity. I also really love wood grain.

PS - thanks for the suggestion - I'll hop on gumtree and ebay over the next week weeks - that is a LOVELY desk.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know Oli - I know it's probably a bit contrite to hate on Ikea because of what it is (disposable, DIY stuff), but while most of their stuff has been OK - I'm always a bit underwhelmed by the lack of solidity. I also really love wood grain.

PS - thanks for the suggestion - I'll hop on gumtree and ebay over the next week weeks - that is a LOVELY desk.

Yes, think that is the best way to go. Recycle/upcycle whatever.

For reference, as pretentious as it sounds, "Vintage Industrial" as a search term has served me well.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's cool, I personally love IKEA.

Apparently 1/5 Brits are conceived on an IKEA mattress.

smeggett

Reaction score
Still to buyA desk that isn't a ************* (any recommendations for my first piece of big boy furniture?)

It's always worth looking around antique auctions if that's your thing. Went to one in Adelaide a few years back where they sold off the desk commissioned by Nugget Coombes when he became the first governor of the RBA in 1959. Nice piece of furniture it was and with some great history behind it. Pity there was no room in the house...

But I did find this beauty at the same auction...

1830's construction in Cuban Mahogany
Amazing detail in the carvings
It all depends on what style you're into and what works for you I guess...

smeggett

Reaction score
Is nothing sacred anymore?

Could've found some blokes that can actually play the bagpipes! You know, like in tune and together!

That's fuckin' shite!

(Speaking as a bagpiper myself - not that I wonder much, I know why we can get a bad name!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads