1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Yes I have found that multitasking is impossible and I wish the key board was slightly smaller, not good at pecking doesn't suit my style so thinking of this http://www.zagg.com/accessories/logitech-ipad-2-keyboard-case Teenage son appropriated my ibook but at least it keeps him off the imac.

Have enjoyed the GQ Style Manual interesting and also entertaining.

Another problem is no flash player this annoying as a lot of video is being put up in flash

I have SMH delivered and also have app for SMH and Age find the NYT works well have to use the Guardian online as the app is shite.

A couple of good apps if you don't already have them Dropbox which is great for file transfer and Evernote also getting good use out o IRB RWC app

also for meetings do you have notes plus? good for recording meetings and taking notes and we are an all Apple household it ties in well

what brand stylus are you using? I currently have a AluPen

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

try this

60 Minute Cleaners
    3/86 Townsville Street, Fyshwick ACT 2609
    (02) 6239 1044 ‎

Had them recommended by one of the staff at John Hanna mens wear in Civic i have taken a couple of suits out there and they have done a great job

3. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

For those interested, there's a MTO evening at Herringbone in Melbourne this Thursday 22nd September. We'll be going through the range of fabrics on offer, the blocks on which the suits are based, and the sorts of benefits that MTO offers for those who want something thats sits between bespoke and RTW.

I'd be interested to know, who here made it along to the shoe shine evening last Friday?

4. blahman

blahman Senior member

The Rake is the worst magazine ever made.
    Makes me feel so poor.

5. thebrownman

Haha, too true. Although magazines like Fantastic Man have an even worse effect when they show things like Dries Van Noten track pants for $1500.

At least The Rake will show something worth aspiring to!

6. blahman

blahman Senior member

I think that just makes The Rake worse :laugh: as the items in The Rake are usually very tastefully elegant and desirable. Where as I can just scoff at the $1500 price tag put on a pair of trackpants and laugh at those willing to pay that much for a pair that are no better than Nikes.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  7. jessis

jessis Senior member

Shipito has always been reliable for me, generally under 2 weeks.

Received a 20% off Nialma Thomas Mason shirts coupon code yesterday for anyone interested. Code: FASHIONISING

It is through Fashionising.com - seems to be a well followed fashion blog/website. Not my cup of tea though.

8. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Anyone after a solid black herringbone 38R?

Or the below in a 40R?

[​IMG]

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

10. thebrownman

What size are the pants? I already have the jacket, but am thinking of taking the pants off your hands.

11. thebrownman

Actually, I'm so broke I can't afford them. The Leather Soul Style Forum Alden shoe came through earlier than expected and now I'm $600 down. What will I do with all this cordovan?!

12. thebrownman

Hey guys, with stuff we want to sell - do we post pictures up on this thread (Australian Members) or is there another way? I'm a newbie to posting here and don't want to suffer the wrath of the sartorially inclined, forum savvy brethren for a rookie mistake.

13. jobro

jobro Senior member

I'd list here, then post up a link in this thread or in your signature.

14. thebrownman

Thanks jobro, although I don't know how to edit my signature. Perhaps it has to do with the fact I'm new?

In any case, I've got a brand new with tags still attached Herringbone Hinsley Weave Mid-Grey Osaka cut jacket (sz 40) and trousers (sz 34) for sale. Pants are obviously unhemmed. Retails for $995; I'm happy to part with it for $600, which is around 40% off retail. I'll put up pictures a little later tonight/tomorrow and put it in the sale thread.

You can check out my eBay profile here, I'm a trustworthy guy. I feel less trustworthy writing that..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  15. jobro

jobro Senior member

To display a classified listing* in your signature (and edit your signature):
    Click 'My Profile' on the menu at the top of the page/forum.
    Scroll down and click on 'Edit Signature Text' under 'Your Forum Signature'.
    Select 'Your classifieds ' from one of three 'Show off stuff in your signature' menus.

*Be sure to create the listing first!

16. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'd take that off your hands if it was leading in to winter. I'll have 2 herringbone 38r suits up for sale tomorrow, 1x navy core and a mid-light grey pow check.

17. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Thanks Brown Man, not separating the jacket/pants though.

Black is sold

18. "6"

"6" Senior member

Welcome to the Melbourne HB crew. Good to see you on this thread.
    I have only used it with FedEx shipping. Needless to say, $40 buys you peace of mind that it will arrive in 5 business days without hassle. If you consolidate your purchases, there are massive savings to be had. Then again, if you're buying RL stuff, there will be massive savings regardless.

19. thebrownman

My girlfriend uses this mail forwarding service from the US called "Carrie My Shopping". It's a one-woman business run by an Aussie living over there.

Whatever you do, buy quick because they say the AUD is going to drop below parity within days..

20. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Gents, I am deciding on a pair of nice pants. The waist is 30x32 where as my size is 28x30 or 28x32. I have never altered a pair of pants. Could you guys recommend any tailor is Sydney CBD can do the alterations cheap and how much will it cost (waist,leanth and sliming) . The pants are now on sale at $169. Will it be worth altering a pair . thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.