• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
Yes, use the search function.

http://www.styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=10713710

Oh and you MUST get topy on them!
peepwall[1].gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Is there a reason why no-one in Sydney goes to http://www.voi.com.au/ ?

I dropped in while I was in visiting Sydney in October. It seems to have some good brands (Canali, Zegna, Lucianio Barbera) at reasonable prices.

I live in there and have bought stuff there for years that is top quality Napoli stuff. In fact, a suit I bought about 8 years ago down at the old York St shop and was wearing in there the other day finally decided to rip in the seat of the pants on the way home.
ffffuuuu.gif

They have Luciano Barbera suits... fab shirts and everything is negotiable = the Aussie Italian Bing Lee.

I got a beautiful pair of navy blue suedes PTBs from Fratelli Peluso for AUD200. I bought a pair of the most beautiful Testoni suede boots for my son = AUD200.

There are lots of shoes left including Cucinellis (lighter weight copies of Trickers Leather Soul stuff).

If you are in the 40-42 range there are still lotsa wonderful shoes. Speak to Alessio or Lisa.

lychee

Reaction score

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JTA
+1 on Maher. He's a real bespoke tailor, very critical on fit. A lovely and talkative chap. You'll have a good time talking to him.
Last time I visited to pick up a jacket I think I was there close to an hour. Yes, talkative is precisely the right word.
smile.gif
Someone mentioned length of pants earlier. I remember asking for shorter hem and I think he mentioned something about European style as he was pinning them. It was still a too much break with most of my shoes. How dangerous is it to ask for anything "SF short"?
nest.gif

elvish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
Last time I visited to pick up a jacket I think I was there close to an hour. Yes, talkative is precisely the right word.
smile.gif

I picked up my jacket and pants today and spoke to him about suits. he kept me there for a long time.
Long story short: a tailored suit, made by him (mtm with multiple fittings), is around 1600 with dormeuil fabric or 2000 with 2 pairs of pants.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by elvish
I picked up my jacket and pants today and spoke to him about suits. he kept me there for a long time. Long story short: a tailored suit, made by him (mtm with multiple fittings), is around 1600 with dormeuil fabric or 2000 with 2 pairs of pants.
Does he do hand stitched buttonholes on the suits? I have been considering it myself. I would love to see pictures of the suit. I've had hit and miss (good but not great) luck with the shoulders on my alterations so I'd love to see pictures of the jacket, front and back. Criticism here can be bloody so I understand if you wouldn't want to do that. I'm not sure I would.

elvish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
Does he do hand stitched buttonholes on the suits? I have been considering it myself. I would love to see pictures of the suit. I've had hit and miss (good but not great) luck with the shoulders on my alterations so I'd love to see pictures of the jacket, front and back. Criticism here can be bloody so I understand if you wouldn't want to do that. I'm not sure I would.
He does hand stitched if requested and all suits are fully canvassed with 3 layers so it may be quite thick for some climates? I may have misled you I don't actually own a suit or jacket made by him I meant I was collecting another jacket and pants which were being altered. I had the waist taken in and button holes opened (they were functional but the hole closest to the sleeve was loosely stitched shut?) Happy to post a pic if u like

tayl0r

Reaction score
if anyone picked up a pair of the Herringbone sale cotton pants in navy sz48/32 and is having seconds thoughts i'll take them off your hands. style name is Kiel wve and they are cut nice an short which suits me.

xiaoli

Reaction score
^^^ I was hoping someone would have one of their blue osaka jackets in size 36...

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone can recommend a good watchmaker for an auto movt in Sydney conservative business dress I would be most appreciative. My watch needs a service and a poor experience at the "official" brand service centre leaves me loathed to go back there if there is a quality alternative.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
If anyone can recommend a good watchmaker for an auto movt in Sydney conservative business dress I would be most appreciative. My watch needs a service and a poor experience at the "official" brand service centre leaves me loathed to go back there if there is a quality alternative.

+1 looking for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads