Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Hmmm what's with the hate for the Ee-Pees?

There anything finally worth a look at at DJ's this second week of sales?

ehaberdasher has some nice outwear.

2. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

ehaberdasher has some nice outwear.

Just a word of warning, eHarberdasher is a great place to shop. But USPS sucks big time. My sportscoat was delivered to Newington Ontario Canada rather than Newington NSW, and sat in Canadian customs for a week before being redirected correctly. [​IMG]

3. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Just a word of warning, eHarberdasher is a great place to shop. But USPS sucks big time. My sportscoat was delivered to Newington Ontario Canada rather than Newington NSW, and sat in Canadian customs for a week before being redirected correctly. [​IMG]

Frig. Have ordered with them and was worrying anyway. Now I'm freaking out!

4. blahman

blahman Senior member

Took about a month for my Benjamin suit to get here last time... and cost $50. USPS is ass.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I've never had any delivery problems with items sent via USPS (that's US Postal Service), but they do take quite a while. It usually takes at least 10 working days (ie at least two whole weeks) for items to get from anywhere in the US to Brisbane.

Royal Mail and Japan Post, on the other hand, usually manage to get stuff here in five working days/one week.

6. meister

meister Senior member

I found a trench coat in an op shop about 3 years ago. Today was the first day since then that I've worn it. I think I'll be wearing it a fair bit more soon.

Freezing tonight in Sydney even down by the beach. I felt nice though after a meal at my fave Italian hole in the wall - nice chicken parm as it is supposed to be cooked. Missus had the hand made gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce. Upside.

Downside?

Regaled me with stories of her friend's recent trip to Italy - how cheap she said Europe was - and then how come I had never taken her to Italy since 1994 and then I copped it...I am blaming Te Henga.... AUD12 bottle at Vintage Sellers.

7. fxh

fxh Senior member

pink socks, pop, lennier, elvish - thanks for the feedback all, very helpful and I think I'm a bit more comfortable with the peak lapels now. 1 or 2 button is a toughy.

another question - best bespoke or mtm tailor in australia that does a slim modern cut ie. high armholes, narrow lapels? i'm 5'10" 60 kgs with girl arms [​IMG]

edit: hmmm i think i might have answered my own question.. patrick johnson?
    http://patrickjohnsontailors.tumblr....ons-navy-twill

think he would be able to slim this down for a skinny asian kid? [​IMG]

I'd be guessing that ABAs would be one of their key target audience

8. Gassyndrome

Gassyndrome Well-Known Member

1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range?

2. Decision time - go with something like these C&J or some MTO RM Williams for the work environment? Grey/blue/charcoal suits.

9. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

^ Having a NiAlma fitting event tomorrow night. Will post on process and will let everyone know how the end product pans out. Those C&J are bluchers/derbys and they are typically associated with country wear. You need something with closed lacing for the office. Something like these.

10. elvish

elvish Senior member

11. elvish

elvish Senior member

1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range? .
    How "slim" are you? Eg a small or? Try lacoste platinum or whatever it's called; the silver croc. I have the opposite issues. I struggle to find a shirt that my chest arms and neck agree on. Everything is too tight but fits the neck then I size up and the collar hangs too low [​IMG] Polo custom fit and Paul smith/canali slim is pretty much all that fits but the latter are far too much for my budget

12. "6"

"6" Senior member

1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range?

2. Decision time - go with something like these C&J or some MTO RM Williams for the work environment? Grey/blue/charcoal suits.

Re: Nialma shirts, Stuart in Melbourne is a great bloke - very easy to work with.

By my 2nd attempt, we got my measurements down to a tee and managed to produce a great fitting shirt. They still have their "get 4 for 3" offer, if that's what you're referring to.

13. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

I'd be guessing that ABAs would be one of their key target audience

lol - i think you might be right [​IMG]

14. sonthach54

sonthach54 Active Member

Hi all,

I'm a Melb-based newbie. I'm looking at wool/silk blend trousers from both Incotex and Brioni, with identical wool/silk blends, and pretty much identical prices. Only differences seem to be Brioni has a longer drop, and theirs of the two are a darker charcoal. Does anyone have a preference between this make-up in the Brioni and Incotex, and if so why? Main board didnt seem interested.
    TIA.

15. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I picked up an unfortunate rip in the seat of some black suit pants I own.

So I had the rip repaired at Katrina's - but the first time I put them back on and went to bend over they ripped again in exactly the same sport.

What are my options now? Take it back to Katrina's and ask them to do a better job? I know you can get tears "re-weaved" by certain tailors - would that make it stronger instead of a simple repair job? If so, anywhere I can get this done in the melbourne CBD? The tear is an L shape about 3/4 inch each way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.