• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work with a bloke who wore a Ushanka every winter for years.(y - ears....) It looked ok if a little odd - he was 6'2" or so.

I know where you can get them cheap in Melbourne but you have to go in person to order one.. here

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nabil, are all Sydney siders welcome at the Sydney sider meet up?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post - Interest check - I'm pretty low on silk knit ties and a few customers have suggested they would be interested in zigzag knits which are made by Sozzi. The same ones that Rubinacci sell and are well known for. Would anyone be interested in these?

They would be about $99.95 AUD and I'd be looking at carrying 5 basic A/W colours to start (forest, navy, rust, burgundy & olive) and then adding brighter ones in spring. They look like this and are 7cm wide -

Also, I have 10 copies of the current issue of The Rake magazine coming my way in the next week. About 4 are already taken but I'm taking interest for anyone that wants one. Price will be $29.95 AUD shipped in Australia. PM me if keen. I'll be carrying around 20 copies of each issue moving forward for Australian customers only.

Jason

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hats died with pocket watches and monocles.

You guys should stop digging up graves.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross post - Interest check - I'm pretty low on silk knit ties and a few customers have suggested they would be interested in zigzag knits which are made by Sozzi. The same ones that Rubinacci sell and are well known for. Would anyone be interested in these?

They would be about $99.95 AUD and I'd be looking at carrying 5 basic A/W colours to start (forest, navy, rust, burgundy & olive) and then adding brighter ones in spring. They look like this and are 7cm wide -

Jason, I'd be interested in one or two, probably the burgundy and olive.

Hats died with pocket watches and monocles. 

Oli, I'll have to disagree with you there. Monocles and lorgnettes are clearly costume and pocket watches, too, but I think that hats still serve a practical purpose. Clearly, however, there are certain hats that can still be worn without looking ridiculous (in my opinion, at least) whilst others look pretty ridiculous unless you are absurdly handsome and/or have great panache.

I think that a classic fedora or a panama hat are still fine, particularly if you're well dressed - have a look at some photos of Ethan Newton (ethandesu) on his Tumblr for examples of looking good whilst wearing such hats. On the other hand, I think that it would be exceptionally difficult to pull off a bowler hat nowadays, and even more difficult to pull off a top hat unless you happen to be wearing morning dress in the royal enclosure at Ascot.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jason

Keen on a navy.
Nabil, are all Sydney siders welcome at the Sydney sider meet up?

Most definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads