• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had a lovely few days in Melbourne, in spite of the sometimes frustrating weather. We packed for warmish late summer days, and got 35 one day and cold winds the rest of the time.

The GF (that's the girlfriend, not Geoffrey Firmin, to be clear) scored a beautiful leather jacket from Bisonte and some dresses; I've had to be content thus far with Japanese glass wear, a few tins of polish, and some hard-to-find craft beers.

Which brings me to the million dollar (well, $1200) question: should I buy some Edward Green Chelseas?

It's hard to get properly excited about a black captoe on a sensibly shaped last, but they are really really nice and they fit really well and investment piece that will last decades etc etc...what I am saying is, help me justify this to myself!

GF ( not Girl Friend ) say's Just do it!

By the way were are you getting them from?

Its Friday night the sun has gone down over the yard arm so Pizza Pino and Rugby for me of course after a mandatory GnT

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barry Nilsson has just hit me out of the ground for six over on the Friday Challenge.

Hey, I knew I could never win with my tatty Oxford jackit. But Gezza is certainly in with a chance.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
False Prophet, I would rate the EG Chelseas as an investment in yourself.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which brings me to the million dollar (well, $1200) question: should I buy some Edward Green Chelseas?

Talk to Wurger, he has an extensive knowledge about EG Chelsea and where they stand w.r.t G&G etc.

Bear in mind that the Chelsea has several different last options - 202, 82, 88 etc. Personally, I think the 202 is best (despite never seeing the 202 in real life).

Last edited:

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents. I think that they'd be an investment in my sanity: finding shoes that accomodate my absurd instep and aren't too clunky has proven nearly impossible.

I seemed to have packed one shirt too few, so I'm wearing a linen blazer over a white polo tonight. Hopefully looking more Pitti Uomo than NCIS...

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks gents. I think that they'd be an investment in my sanity: finding shoes that accomodate my absurd instep and aren't too clunky has proven nearly impossible. I seemed to have packed one shirt too few, so I'm wearing a linen blazer over a white polo tonight. Hopefully looking more Pitti Uomo than NCIS...

Ya shoulda come along to the Wear For Success - Suitability Networking do the other night - good night.

I'm waiting for some screen jockey to do an NPV over 5/10/15 years on some shoes or even a straight payback.

I pointedly make no comment on a linen blazer over a white polo.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By the way were are you getting them from?

Its Friday night the sun has gone down over the yard arm and its Friday night so Pizza Pino and Rugby for me of course after a mandatory GnT

Double Monk has heaps in stock. Their pricing is fair - only Skoaktiebolaget is cheaper online, unless you can get something on sale (and black Oxfords are seldom on sale).

And your night sounds highly promising :)

False Prophet, I would rate the EG Chelseas as an investment in yourself.

Thanks Cox!

Personally, I think the 202 is best (despite never seeing the 202 in real life).

The 202 is very conservative, as is the 82 for that matter, but the latter is somewhat sleeker.
Not as sleek as the Vass F last, which was previously on top of my list, but even that doesn't do up properly over my foot.

I know that Vass is meant to be on par with EG and JL in terms of finishing, but IMO the English blow Vass away in terms of softness and comfort.

G&G is one brand that I'd like to try but never have. I find their lasts and styling really attractive, though they look narrower than EG...

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was very impressed with the quality of the Vass that Wurger has !

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gianni - whilst I appreciate you have a product to flog - popping up indiscriminately on various threads with insubstantial acontextual comments on others posts doesn't do you any favours with regard to respect for you or your product.

If you have an indian seo company doing it for you - then you should warn them off. And get a refund.

If you are doing it yourself - then there are better ways.

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gianni - whilst I appreciate you have a product to flog - popping up indiscriminately on various threads with insubstantial acontextual comments on others posts doesn't do you any favours with regard to respect for you or your product.

If you have an indian seo company doing it for you - then you should warn them off. And get a refund.

If you are doing it yourself - then there are better ways.

Intriguing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads