• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to the email I got, the sale starts tomorrow. Are you referring to some sort of pre-sale?
saleimagetop.jpg
Oh no - bad timing on their part, as Coxsackie is overseas! :p

Last edited:

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.

I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!

Mine too! Where is the sale on at?

ovlov

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good FAST mtm shirt outfit.

It might be ( probably is) a result of the countdown stress and seeing things start to go wrong left right and centre, but between my partner, self doubt, and SF wedding commentary I've now decided it is essential I wear a white shirt to my wedding (as opposed to the blue pinpoint I ordered specially from PJ). I'm and awful tubby shape, and I have 3 weeks to go before the big day. I haven't heard back from Tom yet and i'd go with them if possible but iirc they have a 1 month turnaround time so I guess I am looking for somewhere in Australia, preferably with a strong presence so I would be comfortable with just sending in my pj shirt to copy measurements.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It might be ( probably is) a result of the countdown stress and seeing things start to go wrong left right and centre, but between my partner, self doubt, and SF wedding commentary I've now decided it is essential I wear a white shirt to my wedding (as opposed to the blue pinpoint I ordered specially from PJ). I'm and awful tubby shape, and I have 3 weeks to go before the big day. I haven't heard back from Tom yet and i'd go with them if possible but iirc they have a 1 month turnaround time so I guess I am looking for somewhere in Australia, preferably with a strong presence so I would be comfortable with just sending in my pj shirt to copy measurements.

Sorry to hear that you're stressed, although I suppose that's often the case with weddings.

I could be wrong, but I think that you'd be very lucky indeed to find a place that will make you a shirt in three weeks (and I guess that you'd ideally want it in less time than that, just in case it's not perfect).

I don't know if Charles Nakhle in western Sydney (well, Parramatta) would replicate a shirt, without seeing you for a fitting, but it might be worth giving him a call and asking him about it - after all, he can only say no.

I guess that another option is just to call up P.Johnson and see if they can make you something in double-quick time, given that they already have your measurements.

ovlov

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you're stressed, although I suppose that's often the case with weddings.

I could be wrong, but I think that you'd be very lucky indeed to find a place that will make you a shirt in three weeks (and I guess that you'd ideally want it in less time than that, just in case it's not perfect).

I don't know if Charles Nakhle in western Sydney (well, Parramatta) would replicate a shirt, without seeing you for a fitting, but it might be worth giving him a call and asking him about it - after all, he can only say no.

I guess that another option is just to call up P.Johnson and see if they can make you something in double-quick time, given that they already have your measurements.
Thanks,
I'll try Charles. Tom just responded saying they couldn't do it in time.

lennier

Reaction score

@Lennier - were you looking for a batwing bow tie?

It's probably too late (and it's also quite expensive), but I just noticed that Le Noued Papillon has one:

http://www.lenoeudpapillon.com/collection.php?idTypeProduct=1

Thanks JM, I think that might be the same one I found in Henry Bucks (where it's slightly cheaper), which was the only one I could find locally. I think it's overpriced and I don't like it that much as it's very thick and bulky. Thanks for the heads up though. I've decided to stick with my current tie for the Bond event tomorrow and will look at getting something that I really like afterwards. Quite possibly I'll look at getting Sam Hober to make me one exactly as I want it.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It might be ( probably is) a result of the countdown stress and seeing things start to go wrong left right and centre, but between my partner, self doubt, and SF wedding commentary I've now decided it is essential I wear a white shirt to my wedding (as opposed to the blue pinpoint I ordered specially from PJ). I'm and awful tubby shape, and I have 3 weeks to go before the big day. I haven't heard back from Tom yet and i'd go with them if possible but iirc they have a 1 month turnaround time so I guess I am looking for somewhere in Australia, preferably with a strong presence so I would be comfortable with just sending in my pj shirt to copy measurements.
Don't stress brother, it doesn't matter. In 5 years you will not care what shirt you wore or that your uncle decked your cousin at the reception. Wear the blue shirt.

Cavarra

Reaction score
New to the Australian Members forum!

Met up with Matt from SuitShop yesterday about getting my commission up and running, getting a navy blazer with all patches and notched lapel! Some great fabrics to choose from must I add. They are also doing some MTM shirting!
Am going to get some cotton pants made also either from Suitshop or PJohnson.

Last edited:

ovlov

Reaction score
Hi Cavarra. Welcome to the Aussie thread. Afaik there is a considerable difference in price between PJ and SS trouser commissions. I think PJs starts at around $500 and While I don't know SS base price I was quoted $325 for a back up pair for my suit. It's up to you whether the price difference is worth it but IMHO for just casual cottons it wouldn't be worth going pj unless there's some special fabric you're after. (Bare in mind I'm pretty new here too though so you may want to wait for some of the more experienced folk to chime in)

Cavarra

Reaction score
Hi Cavarra. Welcome to the Aussie thread. Afaik there is a considerable difference in price between PJ and SS trouser commissions. I think PJs starts at around $500 and While I don't know SS base price I was quoted $325 for a back up pair for my suit. It's up to you whether the price difference is worth it but IMHO for just casual cottons it wouldn't be worth going pj unless there's some special fabric you're after. (Bare in mind I'm pretty new here too though so you may want to wait for some of the more experienced folk to chime in)
Thanks for the insight ovlov would love to know your thoughts of the quality of your suitshop suit! Can't wait to get mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads