1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior Member

They are Saks 5th Avenue house brand, I picked them up in Hawaii last year for something like $40 US. Have never seem anything like them here.

Funny - not much need for cashmere lined nappa gloves in Hawaii I guess?

2. jessis

jessis Senior Member

Looks to me as if you need a longer sleeve from those pictures.
    Yep, those shirt sleeves can be longer I think.

3. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Distinguished Member

for those that dont know
    http://hypebeast.com/2011/05/harrold...store-opening/

Pretty sure it's been open a few months now... presume they just had their official launch recently....

FWIW I saw some Corneliani suits at Harrolds for $1,800 I think it was the other week.

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

I am a big fan of Marcoliani socks I normally buy then on sale which makes the price reasonable but yesterday I went into DJ's in Canberra and the Merino socks are now selling at $35 a pair of course every sock sale they have had this year the only band not on sale was Marcoliani.

So can anyone recommend a cheap online place to buy them or a brand of similar quality that I can be locally eg Sydney which is the same quality?

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Distinguished Member

I am a big fan of Marcoliani socks I normally buy then on sale which makes the price reasonable but yesterday I went into DJ's in Canberra and the Merino socks are now selling at $35 a pair of course every sock sale they have had this year the only band not on sale was Marcoliani.

So can anyone recommend a cheap online place to buy them or a brand of similar quality that I can be locally eg Sydney which is the same quality?

SF affiliate Howard Yount sells plenty of Marcoliani socks for prices between US$12.50 to $24 a pair, and shipping is quite inexpensive.

See the link in the "affiliate" icons up at the top of the page.

6. twengof

twengof New Member

Yeah I can definitely vouch for those Yount socks....

7. fxh

fxh Distinguished Member

Viccel is the socks

8. blahman

blahman Distinguished Member

Yep, those shirt sleeves can be longer I think.

Thom Browne would disagree [​IMG]

9. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior Member

Kent Wang just started selling those socks [​IMG]

10. appolyon

appolyon Distinguished Member

Big fan of these too. Bought a few cotton pairs from O'Connels Clothing for a decent price and they were great to deal with. However their website is a pain to navigate and they don't have many in the wool variety.

http://www.customshirt1.com has probably the best range of these that I have come across online. The website I believe is run by AAAC mod and shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz.

11. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

Viccel is the socks

+1

12. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior Member

I think the DJs outlet at Birkenhead Point might have them. I have bought Pantherella socks there and they go for about $12 a pop and I am pretty sure they had some Marcoliani as well. Maybe call them first if it is not close by.

13. blahman

blahman Distinguished Member

http://www.customshirt1.com has probably the best range of these that I have come across online. The website I believe is run by AAAC mod and shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz.

That site has some pretty sexy pictures there [​IMG]

14. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Distinguished Member

15. Tano

Tano Senior Member

Herringbone sale in Perth. Starts wednesday 18th May.
    $70 Shirts, $30 ties. Anything worth picking up?

I walked in the store a few weeks ago and got a price for a tuxedo shirt, then walked straight out. Have not been back since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.