Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

They are Saks 5th Avenue house brand, I picked them up in Hawaii last year for something like $40 US. Have never seem anything like them here.

Funny - not much need for cashmere lined nappa gloves in Hawaii I guess?

2. jessis

jessis Senior member

Looks to me as if you need a longer sleeve from those pictures.
    Yep, those shirt sleeves can be longer I think.

3. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

for those that dont know
    http://hypebeast.com/2011/05/harrold...store-opening/

Pretty sure it's been open a few months now... presume they just had their official launch recently....

FWIW I saw some Corneliani suits at Harrolds for $1,800 I think it was the other week.

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I am a big fan of Marcoliani socks I normally buy then on sale which makes the price reasonable but yesterday I went into DJ's in Canberra and the Merino socks are now selling at $35 a pair of course every sock sale they have had this year the only band not on sale was Marcoliani.

So can anyone recommend a cheap online place to buy them or a brand of similar quality that I can be locally eg Sydney which is the same quality?

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I am a big fan of Marcoliani socks I normally buy then on sale which makes the price reasonable but yesterday I went into DJ's in Canberra and the Merino socks are now selling at $35 a pair of course every sock sale they have had this year the only band not on sale was Marcoliani.

So can anyone recommend a cheap online place to buy them or a brand of similar quality that I can be locally eg Sydney which is the same quality?

SF affiliate Howard Yount sells plenty of Marcoliani socks for prices between US$12.50 to $24 a pair, and shipping is quite inexpensive.

See the link in the "affiliate" icons up at the top of the page.

6. twengof

twengof New Member

Yeah I can definitely vouch for those Yount socks....

7. fxh

fxh Senior member

Viccel is the socks

8. blahman

blahman Senior member

Yep, those shirt sleeves can be longer I think.

Thom Browne would disagree [​IMG]

9. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

Kent Wang just started selling those socks [​IMG]

10. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Big fan of these too. Bought a few cotton pairs from O'Connels Clothing for a decent price and they were great to deal with. However their website is a pain to navigate and they don't have many in the wool variety.

http://www.customshirt1.com has probably the best range of these that I have come across online. The website I believe is run by AAAC mod and shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz.

11. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

Viccel is the socks

+1

12. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

I think the DJs outlet at Birkenhead Point might have them. I have bought Pantherella socks there and they go for about $12 a pop and I am pretty sure they had some Marcoliani as well. Maybe call them first if it is not close by.

13. blahman

blahman Senior member

http://www.customshirt1.com has probably the best range of these that I have come across online. The website I believe is run by AAAC mod and shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz.

That site has some pretty sexy pictures there [​IMG]

14. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

15. Tano

Tano Senior member

Herringbone sale in Perth. Starts wednesday 18th May.
    $70 Shirts, $30 ties. Anything worth picking up?

I walked in the store a few weeks ago and got a price for a tuxedo shirt, then walked straight out. Have not been back since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.