• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nut much in the menswear dept, although I did get a striped linen shirt that will get plenty of airtime over summer. Got a great book from my son - Ship of Theseus. Oh, and a Nerf gun from my brother-in-law.???!!!

We had more about 40 people around aged from 1 week to almost 90; a major family get-together. Loads of great food and wine, capped by a 1985 PX with the plum pudding.

When the storm had passed on, Beth and I kicked back and read our new books, nibbled on some chockies we were given, and sipped on a massive Petit Verdot that had finally settled down after hours in the decanter.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs GF gave me Power & Style A World History of Politics and Dress, its coffee table size with some great illustrations to assist the argument in the text. As everybody is still asleep I have been reading about Beau Brummell and one quote jumps out " there are gentlemen of two sorts the natural and the tailor made." For the Dandy behind all the complexity of ones dress, simplicity is the finest way to express oneself. It also mentions a book The Anatomy of Dandyism with Some Observations on Beau Brummell written in 1845.

Also BB is having their 50% off sale with an extra 15% till Midnight 26 US.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nut much in the menswear dept, although I did get a striped linen shirt that will get plenty of airtime over summer. Got a great book from my son - Ship of Theseus. Oh, and a Nerf gun from my brother-in-law.???!!!

We had more about 40 people around aged from 1 week to almost 90; a major family get-together. Loads of great food and wine, capped by a 1985 PX with the plum pudding.

When the storm had passed on, Beth and I kicked back and read our new books, nibbled on some chockies we were given, and sipped on a massive Petit Verdot that had finally settled down after hours in the decanter.

Perfect day CD.

My aunt was the oldest at nearly 92.

Ours went off seamlessly but 'Er Indoors was pretty exhausted and spending the morning in bed for 'er efforts.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lock up your daughters and Women beware the sartorial stud muffin is on the loose. :)

Stones in Hyde Park is great, have 69 on DVD. Except Mrs GF is moaning that I should have gotten tickets to the Sydney show.

Ps I think I have eaten and drunk too much now on the Cockfighters Ghost PN

I heard Stones tickets sold out in 10 minutes?

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice one, CD. This one's for you - had breakfast with the family at Oasis Bakery this morning. Good as always.

Received a soda stream machine yesterday. Have wanted one for a little while now.

Highlight was the message from Foxxy ... "Happy New Year bro ... may all your satirical (sic) dreams come true" - Loved it. Satirical dreams..

Plestor

Reaction score

PSA. If you need sneakers, Sneakerboy have 50% off. Code didn't work in firefox for some reason, but did in IE. Code is "SBID50". You have to put it in at edit card, not in checkout. It's also free TNT shipping.

Well the boxing day sale also mostly stacks with this -- no free shipping but 75% off. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. Ill post the damage when the all turn up.

eta:

SBID50 no longer works.

Cops as follows,

http://www.sneakerboy.com/shop-sneakers/krisvanassche-zip-back-black-high-top-sneaker-fw13kris3.html
http://www.sneakerboy.com/shop-snea...ery-model-red-high-top-sneaker-fw13kris6.html
http://www.sneakerboy.com/shop-snea...-leather-black-mid-top-sneaker-fw13comp3.html
http://www.sneakerboy.com/shop-snea...-vintage-white-low-top-sneaker-fw13comp6.html

Flip the ones I don't love or something. :slayer:

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girl bailed on me so I copped some Carminas from American Tailors. Suede Tassel. $272,picks soon.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina Tassle Loafer on the Simpson last. Fit's me a thousand times better than the Rain. 8.5UK.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina Tassle Loafer on the Simpson last. Fit's me a thousand times better than the Rain. 8.5UK.

Interesting, given that it's a narrow last and most of your earlier shoes were quite wide fitting.

Did you try on a lace-up shoe in the Simpson last, too, so as to see if there's a different in fit for your foot in a loafer as compared to a lace-up shoe?

Liber

Reaction score

It's not overly that hot in Melbourne, it will be tomorrow. Thanks mate, here's the sweater here, I got it yesterday. A.P.C Lambswool
Ive had this sweater in my wish list on Mr Porter for a while and now I want it even more! What size did yougo with? How's the fit?

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina's on sale?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I got for Christmas was Blue balls

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bought a couple of pantherella socks from Sydney DJ's. $30 down to $21 (30% off). not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads