• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayhill

Reaction score

ovlov

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Probably end up saving me $100+ there

quar

Reaction score

The miles junkie in me has to respond to this. 

Flybuys/non-airline loyalty programs are shithouse. Absolutely, agreed 100%. 

So the 1% instant cash-back schemes are pretty good. I mean its money instantly, for nothing, so can't complain there  given that you were going to have to spend it anyway. 

PoP - Amex is accepted at loads of places, and most places eat the surcharge, I've found. 

Assuming you don't pay extra for the use of the amex - and you get the value of the annual fee back - you're generating miles for nothing, and can spend them quite easily. I don't see the issue. 

That MEL-LHR F ticket is 100,000 miles and maybe ~$300 in taxes. RRP of ~$5k. In that case, it's a 5% return for doing nothing different. 

Your quoted figures are way, way off.

192,000 QFF Points for a 1-Way MEL-LHR First Class Seat.

Also, Awards Seats are limited and must be booked at least 9-12 months in advance in my experience. So they are far from easy to use.

And remember, 1 AMEX MR Point = 0.5 QFF Point.

The most generous earn rate is the 3QFF / 1AUD spent at Restaurants on the AMEX Qantas Ultimate.

So next time you spend 65,000AUD at McDonalds, ring in those hard earned points.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Your quoted figures are way, way off.

192,000 QFF Points for a 1-Way MEL-LHR First Class Seat.

Also, Awards Seats are limited and must be booked at least 9-12 months in advance in my experience. So they are far from easy to use.

And remember, 1 AMEX MR Point = 0.5 QFF Point.

The most generous earn rate is the 3QFF / 1AUD spent at Restaurants on the AMEX Qantas Ultimate.

So next time you spend 65,000AUD at McDonalds, ring in those hard earned points.

Are you seriously suggesting I'd waste my MR on the single worst airline for redemption's?

***** please, I fly QF F as sub-load.

I was quoting values for SQ F for an online redemption. You know, SQ being >>>>>> QF, and having an award system worth pursing.

Next time you jump to conclusions based upon a ****** worst case scenario, consider that some of us aren't morons and fly for free.

EDIT: Also SQ redemptions are open wide. Don't join the QFF sheeple.

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

It is a great movie.

Fashion loves films about fashion.

Love the scene where David sees the Yardbirds play with play with original lineup! The track Train Kept a Rollin Classic!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You only need one Italian cookbook The Silver Spoon highly recommended or Jamie's Italian

I'm watching the two greedy Italians now.. Lovely.

Cookbook get light of lucia.i find its quite authentic and I've met lucia and cooked in her class.its good.

Osiris. I was commenting on the fact that within 1 month of my joining here, there Internet had me convinced that every any man worth his sartorial salt owned:

1. A collection of brass/horn/silver collar stays and would never be caught dead with plastic or shirts with built in stays;
2. A steam iron and trouser press;
3. A collection of properly sized wooden hangers for suits and jackets.

I've since realized that I do not know anyone irl who has any of these thing, though I am still a bit concerned that the hangers are actually quit important if I'm investing in pj and ss suits that I need to last for a few years at least.

I don't use stays but we find plastic ones are best for guys who do..better shape as they have flex. Give me a shout and ill send you some for free.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
PSA: fresh drop of PJohnson long sleeve polos arrived. Also added Extra Small sizing

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the scene where David sees the Yardbirds play with play with original lineup! The track Train Kept a Rollin Classic!

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I can remember seeing Jimmy Page stepping off a plane, I think in Oz, with no socks and velvet flares.

I then wore my white suede driving shoes, red cord hip hugger flares, wide white belt , silver high collared, long peaked satin body shirt and white suede buckskin fringed jacket without socks for a while!

I must say I did also have a beard and my hair was longer and thicker!

Last edited:

ovlov

Reaction score

I don't use stays but we find plastic ones are best for guys who do..better shape as they have flex. Give me a shout and ill send you some for free.

Thanks Romp.
But I've already been duped into a pair of brass stays. Might as well get some use out of them. FWIW I reckon they're pretty good for business wear. I wouldn't wear them anytime other than conservative business dress.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I can remember seeing Jimmy Page stepping off a plane, I think in Oz, with no socks and velvet flares.

I then wore my white suede driving shoes, red cord hip hugger flares, wide white belt , silver high collared, long peaked satin body shirt and white suede buckskin fringed jacket without socks for a while!

I must say I did also have a beard and my hair was longer and thicker!

Can somebody wake me up when people stop talking about the Led Zep snooze-masters? They're better than 1500 mg of Epilim for making me nod off. Thanks.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody wake me up when people stop talking about the Led Zep snooze-masters? They're better than 1500 mg of Epilim for making me nod off. Thanks.

It's okay. I'm still here.

Slayer>all. On music though, I've been getting heaps into 80s Techno. Acid House is fantastic. Somebody take me to 1989 Chicago.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hangers: http://www.shopforshops.com/timber/...-rail-450-w-x-14mm-thick/w1/i1126352_3040125/

Have 10 of them, and I have a hard time deciding which of the 10 is my favourite.

Woah, am I seeing this right -- $3 for a wooden hanger? How come other retailers sell there's for so much?

Thanks for the input guys. Probably end up saving me $100+ there

Was hoping Nabil would answer here. I order via his recommendation - got about 15.

Note the postage is about the same cost as 15 hangers but still a lot cheaper than elsewhere. Nice hangers (esp for price).

Given I paid some much for postage I was a shame I had to chase them up and they took age to arrive but I will give them the benefit of the doubt that that was a one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads