• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Off with those socks, young man.
Very sharp I would wear those...sockless...:lol:
Noted chaps. Just tried these on quickly at work.
Those look fantastic!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Coincidentally, I was wearing pindot gray socks and received some new Carminas as well :) Captoe oxfords on the Inca last to replace a pair of brown captoed oxfords that I sold to Foxy. Sadly, I did not get through my interview at McDonald's:
e7d2c0505c5c11e38f1b1221bafaee2a_6.jpg
050a0f8e5c5d11e38aa9121e4b934cb1_6.jpg
Great shoes Gerry. I hear KFC are hiring.

swan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with goodyear bally's?

Currently on sale

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you! As TBM said, they're calf. The fit of the Inca is slightly wider in the forefoot than the Rain but similar otherwise. They suit my feet very well.

Thanks Gerry. Wider forefoot fit is good news for me, but bad news for the wallet. Frederic in the Paris shop told me that Inca is even narrower than Simpson. I think i should be more specific next time with shoe fitting.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any experience with goodyear bally's?

Currently on sale

I presume you mean Scribe. I have no experience with the new thinner soled Scribe. With the original Scribes, you should be aware of certain cost-cutting measures affecting construction. The two really stupid thing that Bally did was to use hollow plastic mould for the heel stack (just knock on the heel to get the hollow sound) and covering up the mould with fake wood painted to look like layers. Second stupid thing is that even though welt is Goodyear, the outer sole is glued on. They tried to hide this by fancy painting and notches on the sole to imply hidden channel stitch when there was none. On the positive side, the leather quality is really good, and the footbed is really comfortable. Anyone paying a thousand bucks retail is mad. I would say below $300 would be okay, but factor some money to get a cobbler to stitch the outsole to the welt.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look fantastic!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Coincidentally, I was wearing pindot gray socks and received some new Carminas as well
smile.gif

Captoe oxfords on the Inca last to replace a pair of brown captoed oxfords that I sold to Foxy.

Wow not sure if its the light or what but those are some damn gorgeous looking shoes. Tip of the hat to you for your taste and good fortune.

I thought the inca last was actually one of the wider ones theres a few referneces putting it at the top of a list of wide to narrow and some comments like this one alluding to that also
http://www.styleforum.net/t/291006/the-official-carmina-sizing-thread/360#post_6511314

Would almost be tempting if not for the fact that the dollar keeping going down on the euro faster than a kings cross w***e.

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gerry. Wider forefoot fit is good news for me, but bad news for the wallet. Frederic in the Paris shop told me that Inca is even narrower than Simpson. I think i should be more specific next time with shoe fitting.

The Deia and Alcudia lasts are definitely narrower than the Simpson. The Inca, Detroit, Rain and Soller lasts are Carmina's widest.

Perhaps Frederic has a different definition of 'narrow'
smile.gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerry, those do look like lovely shoes.

If you don't mind me asking, how does the Inca last compare to the Rain last in terms of the fit over the instep?

Also, good to see that you managed to pick up a red-and-white striped shirt!

DartagnanRed

Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking, how does the Inca last compare to the Rain last in terms of the fit over the instep?

I found it was better, but I also found I was a UK11 in the Inca and I'm a UK10.5 in the Rain.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, JM! Like DR, I find it better over the instep as well. I'm the same size in both.

Yes, I found the red and white striped shirt courtesy of United Arrows in Ueno
smile.gif

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beautiful!

Hey guys - anyone interested in an e-Secret Santa?

Running one on another board, a lot of fun. Not sure if this is the right place (NO CHRISTMAS IS AMERICANISED, IT SHOULD **** OFF RIGHT OUT OF TOWN MOTHERFUCKER, ALSO TALK ONLY ABOUT CLOTHES!).

Just thought I'd guage interest, have participated in e-SS two years running, always a great time, very easy to do, great way to celebrate community and connection!

Sounds like a great way to work up a targeted database for later sale to menswear retailers
fistbump.gif

sockless=cockless

I submit your Mr Pop as living refutation of that hypothesis.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads