1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Any camera buffs here using the Fujifilm XT-1 or the Sony DSC-RX100 III?

Thoughts?

(I know they are two completely different types of camera.)

2. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Welcome Josh.

Are you referring to a shoe repair shop at Chifley Tower? I know there's one up on the 1st floor, same level as all the food stalls. Is it that one, or another one I don't know about?

3. Joshgtv

Joshgtv Member

Thanks. Yes, that's the one.

4. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

All this drilling spam is really boring me.

2 people like this.
  5. Romp

Romp Senior member

I get alot of use out of the light beige jacket from my linen suit

Match with navy, RAF, denim, other shades of beige, mid and light greys.

Re creasing what type of linen is it? Light weight Italian linens will crumple to all hell and Irish linens tend to be too heavy. Check out some Belgium linen

6. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

What are you torquing about. I'm quite enjoying it.

Reminds me a bit of the great flange discussion.

2 people like this.
  7. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Never tried the guy out, but he's also got Ethan Newton (ex Armoury's) endorsement.

8. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Always good to drill down into the details.

9. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Good pun opportunity, get on it everyone. You know the drill.

1 person likes this.
  10. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Cheers Rob. Same story here, new wool/linen suit that will be worn more as separates.

New territory for me. Will give it a crack when the weather warms up.

11. dammit

dammit Active Member

Hoping for some advice on formal attire. I've got a wedding to go to this wkend which the dress code is formal. I checked with the bride that I know well, and she doesn't expect people to wear tuxes or bow ties etc...

I don't own a tuxedo either so what I was thinking about doing was wearing a navy business suit I have (Ben Sherman Kings fit... single breasted, two button front, side vents) which is navy, plus wear a white dinner shirt and maybe chuck in a white pocket square. Don't know if I should be wearing a bow tie or standard tie, or just go tie-less... do you all think this will be dressy enough for a dinner reception?

I also don't know with the shirt to buy, whether to get a wing collar or standard collar, and one with those patterned fronts or just plain? I just don't want it to look like I've gotten dressed up to go to work if I'm wearing a business suit. Do you reckon that this is a normal occurrence that people wear business type suits to weddings etc nowadays, or is it not ideal?

12. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

All I can advise is that I don't like 'mixing' of codes. Such as a formal shirt made of marcella, wing collar or black satin bow tie with a business suit. However, you may hint upon more formal themes.

For instance, I think you'd be better off with a cream or silver satin tie (you could look at the Henry Carter silver grenadine), and a burgundy/red/cream silk pocket square (even better a square with a velvet texture or similar). You don't necessarily need a white shirt, a soft pink or blue poplin/pinpoint would be fine. Perhaps don't wear a belt even. Spit shine shoes and done.

13. Decaz

Decaz New Member

Check this out, http://putthison.com/post/341034673/weddingattireforguests. Make note this is for american weddings. Navy suit will be fine and don't go wing collar.

14. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Good advice above. Sorry to say, but if the invitation says "formal" and then the bride "doesn't expect people to turn up in a tux", it's immediately clear they are utterly clueless. (Unless of course she is intimating, correctly, that for a day wedding a black tux would be a terrible faux pas and all attending males will therefore be wearing a morning suit with pearl-pinned ascot and carnation.)

Just wear a suit. Wing collars are verboten, bow ties are perhaps inadvisable; wear plain, soporific fabrics; monochrome tie; and yeah, a white puffed silk pocket square and carnation might just add that bit of perinuptial je ne sais quois.

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

Dammit:: a recent wedding was " smart formal" . now we here know that is a meaningless term, but on careful interegationgh the yioung lovers it became clesr they menat no shorts, things or t shirts. And hoped that some would wear suits and ties.

Cant go on... Somone has stolen my spell checker on this nexus 7. How to i get it to return??????? Casnt find it at all!!!!!!

16. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

This drill thing doesn't augur well. Not a bit.

3 people like this.
  17. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

thumb fail

18. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Wear whatever you want. YOLO, SWAG.

Do not take my advice. Or do, YOLO.

19. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Head over to this link* to download SwiftKey 3. Download and install it, then follow the prompts to enable it.

*If it doesn't automatically go to it, when it pops up asking you what you wish to do, click "Play Store"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.