• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Ernesto
Am wearing a button down today. Thinking of wearing them to work more often.

I wear a button-down shirt once a fortnight, or more.

Not with a suit, but with a pair of odd trousers and a jacket. Quite often with a knit tie, bow tie or wool tie, for a more casual look.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I wear a button-down shirt once a fortnight, or more.

Not with a suit, but with a pair of odd trousers and a jacket. Quite often with a knit tie, bow tie or wool tie, for a more casual look.

I had the white button down and chinos going with a thinnish blue and gold striped tie. Knit tie is a great idea.

Really need to find a jacket for winter.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. Excellent value, particularly during one of Lands' End's quite frequent 25-30% off sales (and they might even be having one right now).
yeah I got a bunch of them 3 blue 3 white 1 striped for around $AUD28 each

apple3210

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
I'm not sure but I am leaning towards yes.
Have you tried the Murray Street store? Sometimes there are decent things to be had there, and often the guy will give you an extra discount if you ask for a better price.

dont really have anything to buy from parker and co really.

Btw with that store in claremont, do you happen to know the phone number? is it the one in bay view tce? sorry, i dont stroll down much to claremont.

reckon i might have any issues with the staff if i dont buy? lol.... since i'm just there to try them on for size
tongue.gif

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apple3210
dont really have anything to buy from parker and co really.

Btw with that store in claremont, do you happen to know the phone number? is it the one in bay view tce? sorry, i dont stroll down much to claremont.

reckon i might have any issues with the staff if i dont buy? lol.... since i'm just there to try them on for size
tongue.gif

The lane is the the last one on the left hand side of the strip on bay view as you are looking south, it is a couple of shops down from BWS.

Just say your getting gift ideas or they didn't feel quite right if you're that worried about the staff.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got home and tried on my new Cheaneys... Attachment 64103 Attachment 64104 Surprisingly light weight... lightest pair of shoes I have actually. Walked around a bit at home for a little while and almost killed myself on the carpet. Comfortable, but the last is a bit wider and toe a bit rounder than I prefer though. Does that label on the insole suggest that they're oldish stock?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Every one needs some blue button downs. Essential. I like the Lands End tailored fit original oxfords - the normal ones you iron.

I am in the market for some button downs in oxford cloth what do you think of LL Bean? There a a couple on CT in their casual range I am contemplating as well.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Every one needs some blue button downs. Essential. I like the Lands End tailored fit original oxfords - the normal ones you iron.

In the US last month, I bought 3 BD shirts in a Gap outlet sale for $30. That's right; $30 for 3. Y'know, 3 of them for thirty d-o-l-l-a-r-s.

They're a lovely slim fit, light blue, pearl buttons, and they iron like a dream. Oh and did I mention I got 3 of them for $30?

porschemad911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanohare
In the US last month, I bought 3 BD shirts in a Gap outlet sale for $30. That's right; $30 for 3. Y'know, 3 of them for thirty d-o-l-l-a-r-s. They're a lovely slim fit, light blue, pearl buttons, and they iron like a dream. Oh and did I mention I got 3 of them for $30?
Lol, shirts sound nice, but depends on the value ... how much did you have to pay for them? Actually my blue Penny Stock OCBD from B&S (http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/1...-oxford-shirt/) arrived in the mail (forgot I ordered that one)
blush.gif
... it's really nice but needs slimming down at the waist a little.

lennier

Reaction score
+1.

Excellent value, particularly during one of Lands' End's quite frequent 25-30% off sales (and they might even be having one right now).

I really must get around to buying some more casual shirts, and these sound like a good place to start. Does anyone know how their sizing compares with Lewin? If anyone takes 15.5/33 in a Lewin slim fit and also has some LE stuff I'd appreciate advice on the LE sizes.

porschemad911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lennier
I really must get around to buying some more casual shirts, and these sound like a good place to start. Does anyone know how their sizing compares with Lewin? If anyone takes 15.5/33 in a Lewin slim fit and also has some LE stuff I'd appreciate advice on the LE sizes.
I've got a couple of jackets / shirts from the Lands End Canvas range, I'm a 15.5/34.5 in Lewin slim fit (but have to tailor the sides in a bit for a good fit), the size M shirts are LEC is a similar fit to my pre-tailored Lewin slim fit (maybe slightly longer sleeves, but that probably varies depending on the shirt in question). I don't have any stuff from the normal LE range.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Just got home and tried on my new Cheaneys...

Attachment 64103
Attachment 64104

Surprisingly light weight... lightest pair of shoes I have actually.
Walked around a bit at home for a little while and almost killed myself on the carpet.
Comfortable, but the last is a bit wider and toe a bit rounder than I prefer though.

Does that label on the insole suggest that they're oldish stock?

Are they the O'Toole?

lennier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porschemad911
I've got a couple of jackets / shirts from the Lands End Canvas range, I'm a 15.5/34.5 in Lewin slim fit (but have to tailor the sides in a bit for a good fit), the size M shirts are LEC is a similar fit to my pre-tailored Lewin slim fit (maybe slightly longer sleeves, but that probably varies depending on the shirt in question). I don't have any stuff from the normal LE range.
Thanks PM911, sounds like I'd be looking at a small then, since the collar size will be relatively unimportant. Want to buy a 928 btw? :)

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Ernesto
Are they the O'Toole?

Yup they are. Seem to be good value for money and I am in need of a replacement pair of black calves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads