• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just remembering my grandfather - James Henry Boots 18th Division First AIF. Gallipoli Veteran wounded and repatriated from Lone Pine.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks JM. Got onto them via email and he said he can make it. Will probably go for five fold instead of three.
Glad you were able to track it down. Its Interesting sort of mto tie. Let us know how you go vis a vis price and time frames.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, PapaRubbery, then there's the all time menswear favourite ..

Alan [while getting fitted for a tux]: Whoa, watch it, pervert!
Doug: It's ok, Alan. He's just doing your inseam.
Alan: He's getting very close to my shaft.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Haha, PapaRubbery, then there's the all time menswear favourite ..

Alan [while getting fitted for a tux]: Whoa, watch it, pervert!
Doug: It's ok, Alan. He's just doing your inseam.
Alan: He's getting very close to my shaft.

Hahah!

Seriously when the Hangover came out, I saw that film three times. A friend even skipped an exam at Uni to see it.

Downloaded Hangover 3 the other night. Still funny, some great one liners, but doesn't touch the first film. But Carlos makes a cameo, and any film with Heather Graham in it is a-okay with me.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spot the difference!

Please consider making a donation at this link and support the cause against men's depression and prostate cancer. I will be growing the handlebar moustache till the end of the month. More updates to come :)

couldnthaveknow

Reaction score
Oroton has taken over the GAP licence in Australia.

Wonder when they will start to roll out Brooks Brothers clobber as they have that one as well.

That is true

Oroton are assuming control of the 3 Gap stores in Australia this month - watch out for massive fire sales leading up to Xmas but keep in mind its wrong season stuff (i.e. they'll be selling the US's current autumn winter collection, despite the fact that we'll probably hit 40 degrees this summer).

Brooks Brothers will open exclusively as David Jones concessions first, 7 are expected after Xmas but before June - no doubt they will have some opening specials and indeed this is the main sale I'm waiting for suit wise. Would love to score some black fleece or similar for cheap.

I'm always getting emails from BB US for stuff on the cheap - they have a full canvas charcoal suit, horn buttons and all, for $480 USD here and a nice light gray mohair blend one with mop buttons here. If I only knew what block is good for me I'd be straight onto those - according to the suit quality hierarchy thread BB stuff is ok, I think thats adequate for me as these are work suits for me after all, day in day out kinda stuff.

Keep in mind though that in both cases Oroton will run the local online business - not sure if they'll cut prices to the US equivalent... $480 USD is only like $515 AUD tops which is a decent price I think for a full canvas suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads