1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joiji

joiji Senior member

What product?

2. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Do I need a leather jacket in my life?

The Perfecto just seems so quintessentially American. However, the fedora lounge is littered with leather jacket fails, and I'm worried that people will actually think I ride a motorbike...

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

Dusty - Conditioning puts moisture in the leather and nearly always darkens it. At least immediately. Often it will fade back to original as it drys at surface but often you are also stuck with slightly darker colour. Not really much of a problem compared to not conditioning/moisturising. . I like to use conditioning for leather furniture - it doesn't seem to darken as much - and I know people are fussy about it rubbing off etc so its made to a fairly high standard. Whatever that means..

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

Well most leather jacketeers fear the exact opposite - that people will think they DON'T ride a bike. Fed Lounge is good to get an idea of whats around and how it might look good or bad. Of my 2 x Leather jackets I've worn only one of them exactly once in 2 years a month or so ago. I survived.

5. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Thanks FXH, it's been about 5 hrs since I applied RM conditioner and it's lightened up some what.

You are right, it's better a bit darker and prolong the life of the shoe, along with camouflaging unsightly stains you get when you go out (jimmy hoffas dives)

bTW Justin Timberlake played in Brisbane, I reckon TBM has better moves! Congrats mate

1 person likes this.
  6. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Often you guys will see me recommending Sam in Docklands for tailoring. Just picked up some denim he tailored from the crotch down, and it's perfect, I can't recommend him enough. I received my Barbour Liddesdale on Thursday, and dropped it off to him yesterday. He's going to slim the body, slim the sleeves and also take up the sleeves. I received my Barbour duke yesterday which fits perfectly, and my SEH Kelly over shirt, which is quite big and baggy, so I'll need to take that to Sam.

I know CD and Papa R have had a lot of work done by him as well, and have been very pleased with it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  7. sliq

sliq Senior member

Gentlemen, what brass polish would you recommend to remove any tarnish/patina?

8. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Patina is love, patina is life. Do not fear patina.

Agreed with foxyboxy - Sam is da man. Had thighs taken out, legs slimmed, cuffs put on, working sleeves taken up, etc and he's good.

Just ironed my ascot chang shirts. Its all so real now.

Going to use the measurements and hit up Luxire too.

1 person likes this.
  9. fxh

fxh Senior member

OK fine - hope the rehab works . But can he work with clothes?

2 people like this.
  10. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Lets just say the man knows his inseams.

11. sliq

sliq Senior member

my single monk buckle doesn't quite match the brass on my belt.

i'm fussy like that.

12. fxh

fxh Senior member

How often do you have your foot in buckle shoe up near your belt?

Or how often do you have your belt down around your ankles... no - don't answer that.

4 people like this.
  13. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Be interested to see pics of if this you get a chance.

Also great when a stack of stuff comes in at once :)

My latest order from Luxire made it here in 3 days, I've had plenty of orders get from A to B in that time but it never ceases to surprise me. A good age for consumers to live in anyway, it reminds me of how Keynes imagined the world 100 years ago

Quote: Not quite there but the first part is true enough.

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

[​IMG]

TIIT ORUTAR, 28
    I AM AT Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne
    I AM a window tinter
    I AM WEARING I bought these Electric glasses six years ago for an all-white rave in Estonia, where I'm from, but I now live in Perth. It's my last day in Melbourne, so yesterday I bought the T-shirt and my socks from H&M. My fiance, Anu, got me the Sportscraft jeans last winter from Myer, and the Milana scarf is from David Jones. My O'Neil jacket is from CitySurf and my shoes are DC. I've had the tongue ring for 11 years now.
    MY STYLE IS random hippie casual.
    I ADMIRE THE STYLE OF no one. I don't like the "yellow press" and mainstream culture. I wear what I like.
    MY FAVOURITE LABEL IS DC shoes.
    MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO SHOP IS H&M stores in Singapore or Sweden.
    MY BIGGEST FASHION MISTAKE WAS too-short T-shirts.
    WHEN I WAS A KID my mother would sew. I'd draw on paper what I wanted and she would make it.

I WOULD NEVER BE CAUGHT DEAD IN suede, because it's not very manly.

Interview and pictures: JOANNE BROOKFIELD

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fas...-melbourne-20140922-10khc5.html#ixzz3EZB3DLCV

15. eightace

eightace Senior member

What a tiit.

16. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

17. fxh

fxh Senior member

Haven't those sandshoes plimsolls runners trainers basketball boots sneakers got suede on them?

18. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

anyone here wear double monks?

19. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

If you win something at auction on ebay, pay via PayPal, and the seller gets cold feet and tries to back out of the sale, you are pretty much shit of out of luck I suppose? Other than leaving negative feedback.. I know ill get the money back, more so annoyed about not getting what I bid on.

20. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Yes.

I do up both buckles, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.