• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice jacket Pink Socks would definitely be mine If i hadn't bought a Barbour last year; why the sell might I ask?
Can I please get your thought on lands ends chinos aus thread? Got my shorts from them was crazy fast shipping (never orderd form them before) and they fit well and am on the look out for some decently priced chinos that I could wear casually.

Sierra trading post is having on Bill's Khakis by the way, still too much money for me sadly (shipping) :(
But most items are at least 40% so a great deal:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/bills-khakis~b~2172/?showlocalization=True

STP I've found is always hit and miss with Bills, never been able to get my size in Khaki and shipping is way over priced

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beautiful. Are they on the Rain last?

Thanks, and yes, Rain last. Just note that the burgundy shell on these are a little duller than the ruby shells. Need a little more work to bring out the shine. Will post more pics in a few days after breaking in and more brushing.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, not for knits or regular ties. You've got a much higher chance of them stretching from tugging on them when doing them up, especially for un-tipped ties or stretchy fabrics like grenadines.
So whether you roll or hang your knits/silks, the difference is negligible?

couldnthaveknow

Reaction score
PSA Sydney

Guys there is a carhartt pop up store in galeries victoria, a lot of their japanese selvedge denim jeans are 60-70 bucks down from 200... picked myself up edwin sen for 70, still quite a few sizes available, from 31-34

Other stuff I saw
- tenderloins - fabrics feel incredible, dont know if I like the fit though. Apparently based off 1920's design so super high waisted (almost up to nipples.. almost), and very baggy
- Samples - including the likes of junya watanabe for carhartt jackets... these are 600 though, down from a g note
- lots of non selvedge jeans, levis etc, lots of shirts, backpacks, and shoes

Worth a visit, lots to look at and very good prices - the pop up store is opposite incu, which is a super store in its own right

couldnthaveknow

Reaction score
Sigh. I wish that it was in Melbourne.

haha mate i'll trade you for uniqlo, double monk, christian kimber, H&M, roads that make sense, and the crown as well, and melbourne girls, and some of those coffee places discussed earlier... i just recently change locations but still in conservative business dress, all i want is a strong soy in the morning... $4.90...

The coffee itself is only $1 but if you want it in a cup, as opposed to spilled down the front of your pants, thats an extra $3... soy is 50 cents, extra shot is 50 cents, but because i am a regular, 10 cent discount

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
PSA Sydney

Guys there is a carhartt pop up store in galeries victoria, a lot of their japanese selvedge denim jeans are 60-70 bucks down from 200... picked myself up edwin sen for 70, still quite a few sizes available, from 31-34
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post - Shot from the wedding yesterday with the bride and my daughter. Both looking at another camera while I stand there. Wearing the new peach linen blend, white kamakura cutaway collar, Henry Carter Irish linen ps and Herringbone Sydney suit. Feeling a bit dusty today.

couldnthaveknow

Reaction score
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.

thanks for that, just went to get an exchange 1 size down... lucky they had it, 31x33

they did say that yes, stretch will be an additional 1 to 1.5 inches. Anyway, any smaller and the jeans would go from 'slim' to 'skinny', which I dont like

thanks for the tip

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dart is spot on. Waist on the Edwin SEN skinny's will stretch a lot. Getting them tight in the waistband could be beneficial. Did you get the cinch ones or without cinch?

couldnthaveknow

Reaction score
Dart is spot on. Waist on the Edwin SEN skinny's will stretch a lot. Getting them tight in the waistband could be beneficial. Did you get the cinch ones or without cinch?

Oh mate without cinch for me - but only because the cinch ones were out in my size (only 1 pair left when I was there, 33x32 I think)

At 70 bucks a pop I would have picked up more if they had... because I spend most days in a suit my casual clothing collection is not very good... I have only 1 pair of jeans (well, 2 now)... yeah... i know, its not very good...

PSA continued - Their next stock drop is in a fortnight (pop up store only opened a week ago) so if there's nothing you like today, go back in a couple of weeks in. Will also say the customer service is superb. You're all very welcome, happy to contribute something back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads