• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet find!

Yeah, the 15oz turned me off..

Looking at J Brand and they seem decent - but jeans are one thing I won't buy blind.

I'd walk into a store, try them on, have a chat about it with the salesperson; and if it turned out to be a helpful and educational experience, I'd pay the difference between the in-store and online price. It would have been money well-spent.

How are the tapered 3Sixteens, Romp?

I bought my J Brand in a store called Pierucci on Chapel Street, Melbourne...no use to you but they are stocking in Australia. David Jones have some (but I have only seen them in the women's section so far...not that I tried those ones on....).

Do you know a stockist for Baldwin here? Incu Clothing might be a good option, though I sure there are others with better suggestions.

couldnthaveknow

Reaction score
Guys not to steal thunder from the halloween discussion but could I get your opinion on those orthotic allen edmonds recommended to me earlier - which is most applicable for frequent 1-2 a week work wear (suit and tie, but commando)

678 Last:

511G last

Just going for a black pair for now. For brown I just want a pair of chukka boots, and anyway, will be more comfortable buying AE again once I know my fit and size... as luck would have it, Christian Kimber sold out of his brown chukkas, but they look pretty nice in the pic tho... wait is until Jan...

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my J Brand in a store called Pierucci on Chapel Street, Melbourne...no use to you but they are stocking in Australia. David Jones have some (but I have only seen them in the women's section so far...not that I tried those ones on....).

Do you know a stockist for Baldwin here? Incu Clothing might be a good option, though I sure there are others with better suggestions.

I'm in no hurry, so maybe when I'm down in Melbourne sometime I'll take a look.

I'll check out the General Pants, Incu and Glue Store websites.

I've checked Someday / Somewhere / Someplace too.

Thanks, PS.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in no hurry, so maybe when I'm down in Melbourne sometime I'll take a look.

I'll check out the General Pants, Incu and Glue Store websites.

I've checked Someday / Somewhere / Someplace too.

Thanks, PS.

Fair enough....I am sure you know more places than me...I cannot remember what the general consensus on APC were but these looked OK to me (maybe too slim).

http://www.incu.com/shop-men/designer/apc/petit-standard-jeans-dark-blue/

http://www.incu.com/shop-men/designer/apc/petit-new-standard-jeans-light-blue/

Let us know how you go.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow I missed the Halloween party busy watching Beetlejuice one of Tim Burton's early films loved the use if stop motion animation.

I enjoy watching kids have fun, nephews nieces ect but I have to ask what parent in their right mind would let kids out to partake of an uncontrolled processed sugar hit at that time of night with school the next day, I saw enough sugar induced carnage after my sons birthday parties.

LM as for my anti American comments I give you this ( alleged) exchange between General MacArthur and General Blamey in New Guinea in 1942 after the advance against the Japanese had been stalled.

Big Mac " if you were an American I'd court-martial you"

Blamey "if I was an American I'd bloody shoot myself"

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough....I am sure you know more places than me...I cannot remember what the general consensus on APC were but these looked OK to me (maybe too slim).

http://www.incu.com/shop-men/designer/apc/petit-standard-jeans-dark-blue/

http://www.incu.com/shop-men/designer/apc/petit-new-standard-jeans-light-blue/

Let us know how you go.

APCs are alright - good value for money if you value things like a low-profile, no label, decent denim.

The trouble with them is that they stretch by about 2 sizes.

I've had a pair of New Standards, and they're fairly loose from the knee down, for me. Requires a substantial amount of shortening.

I've also had a pair of Petite Standards. They're not bad either. Great from the knee down. Trouble with them previously was that to fit my thighs, I had to size up on the waist. Now that the waist of the jeans has stretched (and my own waist has shrunk), they're unwearable. Not even with a belt.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M65 style.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're the Trainers, mate. Both this pair and the Black/White pair.

Good for middle distance runs. If you have wonky knees or patella, not good for anything greater than 8 km. In my unqualified opinion.

What about going to get a coffee/walking on the beach/late night supermarket shopping?

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just going for a black pair for now. For brown I just want a pair of chukka boots, and anyway, will be more comfortable buying AE again once I know my fit and size... as luck would have it, Christian Kimber sold out of his brown chukkas, but they look pretty nice in the pic tho... wait is until Jan...

Do you really want a Derby compared to an Oxford? Personally, I think Derbies are average.

Out of those three, I'd hit the brogue cap toe. Rather than the plain cap toe and the brogue. It's the middle point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads