1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

RMW's and Red Wing Heritage boots are a completely different style of boot. This Islay is lovely boot. Looks good with a hundred bad guys lying at your feet. I have a pair of Trickers(for sale btw, size issue) that I have been very impressed with, and I'd go with those over the Islay.

1 person likes this.
  2. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

I think it is great. The Herring Coniston is also pretty good. Skye, Lindrick or even Aldens would be even better if you go shell.

Over the weekend, had a look at RMW kangaroo. The nature of the leather left me slightly disappointed.

1 person likes this.
  3. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Gosh the first look here is woeful, this says more about you than it does us.

Why don't you just tuck off to superfuture?

4. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

The Hannover is VERY nice!

And about 2-300 less too...:happy:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

I'm reposting my own joke, as I really think it was under-appreciated. I'm funny guys really I am please help me

1 person likes this.
  6. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

DR, leave the jokes to Skeen today.

1 person likes this.
  7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Love 'em and I agree - I think wingtip boots are great and there are a lot of choices around - C&J Skye, Islay, Lindrick, Alfred Sargent Hanover, Herring Coniston, Tricker's Stow.

I did notice that the Islay were noticeably chunkier than the Lindrick boots

1 person likes this.
  8. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Yep - this place basically gives me my 'Neighours' or 'Home and Away' fix for the day!

Classic, tragic soap opera

1 person likes this.
  9. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

shirt tucked into jeans is great in my opinion. Antonio cigongoi and alessandro squarzi do it well. Went to deerstyle tonight. Rene is a very nice guy and gave me some great advice. Looking forward to getting the product. i just got a shirt and pants.

2 people like this.
  10. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Not quite tragic. It's a bit like Soap.

11. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

also thanks to journeyman for putting me on to deerstyle. Terribly crap day but talking about clothes made me feel a bit better. Now a few jugs at the victory are working their magic.

12. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member

I would enjoy going there. Last time I was in Brisbane, I wandered about looking for fine men's stores and managed to only really find the Cloakroom by accident and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't realise deerstyle was in Brissy at the time.

Any other worthwhile places that aren't really well known that I may have missed?

13. suttonzach

suttonzach Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the Loake Evolution series?

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

Nothing more dadcore suburban or high school suburban teen or ageing inner city soy latte dad than an untucked shirt over jeans black or blue. In vast numbers at school pickups,, Saturday soccer, swim pool, $18 breakfasts on the footpath, chadstone etc.

3 people like this.
  15. fxh

fxh Senior member

3 patch pockets on jacket, depends on the jacket and what the breast pocket looks like. Some patches work OK but the potential for NQR is high. Some put too much emphasis on that level and some just look wonky. Normal breast pocket usually works better and doesn't detract.

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

What about shirts that are designed to be worn untucked, such as flannel and some casual madras?

17. fxh

fxh Senior member

I think short sleeved shirts can look good untucked , with nice bottoms (insert nice bottoms joke), I like shorter at front than back and straight across with side split. Generally I prefer for me long sleeved shirts rolled up and tucked in. On others I do appreciate a 60s ivy nerd vibe of tucked in short sleeve with high rise trousers. But its hard to do well. All above is for jacketless. Mostly I rarely see untucked done well. Occasionally I see untucked etc done well with layering of jackets etc but its so rare as to be avoided. I always wear my Hawaiian short sleeves untucked with and without jacket. Polos always untucked but I don't have any good polos just old scruffs for around home.

Untucked flannel!!!!! I have visions of OLI drunk in jeans and RMs and untucked flanny at a Barnsey concert.

1 person likes this.
  18. CoffeeDudeGuy

CoffeeDudeGuy Senior member

With the boots, the grain leather ones are nice. So are the ones with speed hooks, but do they have something other than dainite soles? Have to walk like a penguin to the loo at Chinese restaurants. Or the fish and chip shop. Or when the floor is just mopped.

19. ajc2162

ajc2162 Senior member

Me too

20. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.