1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

Wheres the suit from slowdive?

2. Slowdive

Slowdive Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Sure. I might not get upset over friendly banter though.

As for cobbler's, since my friend left HB(where I took my shoes for topying, always been quite happy, and it was convenient), I decided to go straight to their cobbler which was the bloke on Errol street in North Melb. He can probably do it, but he won't shut up about Jeffrey West shoes(which he sells). I did take my Tricker's to him to get stretched, but I could have sworn he didn't even touch them. I need to take my Carmina tassel's and Alden Boots for a topy, I might try Rekairs(SP?), especially after Checky's appraisal of them. You should be safe with either of those two. FWIW I wouldn't trust the bloke at the Shopping Centre in one of those booths in the middle.

4. wurger

wurger Senior member

well, I thought the exact same thing, you are very very skinny...

The suit fits fine, I would personally prefer the pants to be longer and fuller. Skinny pants on skinny legs, makes you look even more skinner...

1 person likes this.
  5. Slowdive

Slowdive Member

6. wurger

wurger Senior member

@Slowdive, FH had it all thrown at him before, I do think you are over reacting on his comment.

7. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Fred Astaire, whose physique I have nothing in common with, was a very slight man, particularly through the legs. He looked his best in wider trousers and heavier cloths, and was fond of the double breasted jacket with a drape cut. When he tried narrower trousers later in his life, I don't think he ever equalled his wider trouser look, although in fairness, one can't dance at 75 as they did at 35.

8. wurger

wurger Senior member

so immature, that slowdive, why bother posting when you just going to edit and hide what you have written ....

1 person likes this.
  9. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Don't worry. I saw what you said. There was no real need to be spiteful or make an attack, explicitly wishing ill will against me. I made a comment about you being skinny, whoopdy fucking do.

When I joined this forum I got ripped to shreds worse than Oli on a Saturday night at The Peel. I had memes made about me, I had pictures I had posted photoshopped and abuse thrown at me. Did I laugh at it off? I sure did, I even sit down with some of those very members who abused me for a beer now and again. Do you ever see JH having a cry when someone makes a joke against him? Not once, and that's something I take my hat off too.

1 person likes this.
  10. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Foxy, we just go lightly on you these days because we feel sorry for you.

3 people like this.
  11. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Look forward to seeing and hearing about these other non TOJ leather jackets when they start rolling in. Wish i'd pulled the trigger on an oxblood one circa @Aris back in the day but glad I missed the whole last call, i'm sure it will work out for those waiting in the end but think id have written off the money by now and deleted TOJ from my thread subscriptions after this long.

12. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Looks off to me but maybe I have weird taste. Cut short with the big fur collar makes it very feminine I dunno Plus like the other guy said the A2 in particular suffers from being costumey (similar but in a different way to the goth ninja jackets). Incongruous with the distressed jeans Id be interested to see his shoes. Sneakers are going to look odd with a brown leather jacket, and brown leather laceups will look odd with those jeans. Footwear is one of the main reasons brown leather jackets look awkward
    Im too young to have seen any of these movies which is probably why I consider it dadcore Besides this looks both dadcore and costumey at the same time... [​IMG]
    This is such a dadjoke

13. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

14. ColdEyedPugilist

Still waiting for 2 of my dad-jackets...

15. wurger

wurger Senior member

@skeen7908, brown lace up look odd with distressed jeans? I would have to disagree on that one.

So what footwear do you think it's not odd?

16. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Boots - calf chukkas or chelsea boots would work.

17. ColdEyedPugilist

Can't please everyone, wurger.

If you like it, wear it. Life's too short for opinions to get in the way (-:

And BTW, I'd say boots are ideal. Not cos-playish army boots, but maybe chukkas or chelseas, or maybe something in dark suede for contrast.

Most of all, wear your dad-jacket with swagger, like you don't really give a hoot what anyone thinks (you should not) That's the difference between wearing something and letting it wear you.

2 people like this.
  18. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Of course, this is just a forum for discussion :)

But I do think those jeans would not look good with brown leather lace up shoes
    Boots better, yes

1 person likes this.
  19. ColdEyedPugilist

I know, mate.

And that's my point.

While it's good to listen to the advice of the collective, sooner or later, you have to make up your own mind.

Too often, we SFers get caught up in groupthink to the point we don't necessarily make the optimal choices, i.e. the ones that suit us, and not others.

Trust me, I've been here since 08 and nothing much has changed (-:

2 people like this.
  20. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.