• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you with laptops/iPads (most people here I would imagine), what types of folios do you use to carry them around in to meetings, lectures etc. and to protect them in your bag/briefcase?

I've found it hard to find something that is isn't the laptop equivalent of a homyped but is still able to provide more than the most basic protection for scratch-prone screens and delicate case edges.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I don't recall that it has.

I have an ipad 2 and I use a logitech case that doubles as a keyboard made out of adonised alluminum offers good protection, functional and stylsh, just the thing for the modern Igent http://m.cnet.com.au/logitech-keyboard-case-for-ipad-2-339330887.htm?redir=1

I also have an an antique leather writing folio which I use

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all that have replied so far - it was really more of a question to start discussion about practical, stylish cases, rather than a plea for help on my part, so keep 'em coming, some nice ones posted so far.

I actually have a laptop/tablet windows device. 13" but slightly different dimensions to the Macs which ruled out many options that are designed to fit too snugly around MBPs etc. Also the exposed tablet top means IMO it needs some decent padding, which traditional laptops don't, so no thin leather foldovers and slips for me, nice as they are.

Filson make these which I think are kind of cool.

In the end though I went with this:

Gez and the other photographers might have heard of Billingham, they make some of the best camera bags.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you with laptops/iPads (most people here I would imagine), what types of folios do you use to carry them around in to meetings, lectures etc. and to protect them in your bag/briefcase?

I've found it hard to find something that is isn't the laptop equivalent of a homyped but is still able to provide more than the most basic protection for scratch-prone screens and delicate case edges.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I don't recall that it has.

I have both

ipad just use the genuine flip case thing and my 13inch MBA I use an old fabric bag that came with some old leather goods.

I put both of these in my ettinger tote

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

My stash to date: For pubs, piadinas and poll-dressing.
Nice chukkaz mate! Pretty please channel a little Al Grasby in....

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering new eyeglasses for a little while. I may get these as I don't really need another pair of tortoise frames:

http://www.cutlerandgross.com/collection/Opticals/0692-Olive---Green-Tweed/

The 0692 is a brand icon.

I'm personally not a fan. I don't like the two tone. Plain on the front with the tortoise on the side.
I went into Incu Friday and tried on a pair of Moscot Lemtosh's. Absolutely loved them. I would have purchased them then and there if they stocked the colourway I wanted. I ordered from Kafka as they did.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBM

Agree with the Fox never been a fan of two tone frames, bit like that fad of plastic and metal which dominated frames for a while.

The frame style is nice, me I am moving towards tortoiseshell and round frames my self. Sadly nothing on that C&G site which floats my boat. The search goes on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics