• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah nah.

I don't see the point of driving shoes - you could get a pair of penny loafers for the same price and look just as pimp.

i find that penny loafers are the dressier side of casual. sometimes you just want something a bit more laid back.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I actually think drivers suit our australian life style very well in summer. I wear my tods with denim or chinos, no socks (much to fxh's dissaproval) and a linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up all the time between nov and march. Its perfect warm summer night casual dinner/barbie attire.
i ruined a pair of tod's at a BBQ last year... :( grease no good on suede hehe

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i find that penny loafers are the dressier side of casual. sometimes you just want something a bit more laid back.

plus drivers are heaps more comfy than pennys

streetminimal

Reaction score
The hell is wrong with Melbourne? It's ******* spring and it's still raining and ****.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^baller

On an unrelated note, I came across these C&J driving shoes on their website:

They look really lovely, but don't seem to actually be available for sale anywhere online. They're about 150 pounds plus 45 shipping from C&J direct, which ain't cheap, in fact it's nearly $350 which is crazy expensive. But they do look very nice...

For the amount of wear I would put on them, I think I would rather get a pair of Andy Tom or Tods.

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brief review of the Drakes lambswool cardi as promised...

Knitted in Scotland; wool has a nice hardy, yet soft texture. Pleasingly, dark shade of navy. Brown suede elbow patches, which is a nice touch. Plasticky buttons are the only let-down, but a minor one IMO. Fit is very slim and I would advise sizing up. Overall, great for the shoulder months with a BD and chinos or jeans. I'm getting a lot of wear out of it.

Some pics:

http://imageshack.com/i/0shfuuj

http://imageshack.com/i/f2mrjpj

http://imageshack.com/i/5e4kymj

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm, rainy and cold Monday in Sydney. Tossing up between conservative business dress grey suit black shoes, or country style Brown SC brown brogue boots outfit.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the amount of wear I would put on them, I think I would rather get a pair of Andy Tom or Tods.

Aren't Tods like, $450?

Even $200 for Andy Toms seems a bit pricey for leather soles when you can get a pair of loafers or chukkas and be good to go.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I also have a pair of ruined tod's, although from wearing through the sole. On that topic does anyone know a cobbler who will resole tod's?

not possible

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about the PJ Miserocchi drivers?

For that price, and the luxury of trying them on in-store, I'd be more inclined toward these.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a Tom Ford suit today.

50% off, but still going to be the most expensive suit in my wardrobe, by a good margin.

But sooooooo beautiful.

Will post pix once the alterations are done. (Trouser hemming and 1cm shortening of sleeves are all it needs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads