1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Thanks! Enjoyed that.

1 person likes this.
  2. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Which John Zorn? Naked City? Painkiller? Masada? The Dreamers?

Where would you recomend a start with Henri Dutilleux?

3. stormin1

stormin1 Well-Known Member

I just checked then and there was definitely belts, ties and some of the knitwear still in stock. I think a lot of the socks are sold out though, yes.

4. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

I saw John Zorn live at the Bergisch Gladbach Music Festival in 1989 and really liked him. He was playing with a bunch of other New York avant-garde jazzmen at that gig. I can't remember all their names now. I realise Zorn uses a wide range of musical styles in his output; I can't really name albums.

For Henri Dutilleux I can very strongly recommend the Cello Concerto, also called "Toute un monde lointain", which is extraordinarily beautiful, mystical and terrifying in equal measure.

5. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Yeah pity re; the knitwear, some of those cardigans are jumpers are great. Don't have a lot of need for belts, but cheers for the heads up. More bemoaning what damage could have been done to the old CC.

6. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

The brown shawl neck Aran looked good for $130, though they didn't have my size. As did the navy cashmere cardi but again no stock.

Oh, and it's 28C in Sydney tomorrow, three days out from "winter".

I have a berg&berg belt, the quality is ok for the price but I wouldn't say top notch (small belt pun there for fxh, Ernesto etc.)

7. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Nice. Never waist an opportunity.

7 people like this.
  8. sliq

sliq Senior member

I bought the camel and green cashmere sweater from B&B when they were on their end of season sale. Its baby soft, and fits ever slightly on the smaller side. Haven't even washed it yet.

9. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

The scarves in the B&B outlet seem like a good price shame most everything else is sold out

11. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I got my Navy Mac from Luxire today, it's perfect. Wore it out to dinner with my Grandparents. Shirt fit isn't the best, I need to get OH to make me up some new OCBDs.
    [​IMG]

Luxire
    Kamakura
    Oscar Hunt
    Crockett and Jones

2 people like this.
  12. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

Mac looks awesome foxy.

on another note, would anyone be interested in a brown brioni polo? Perfect condition bar a chipped button. beautiful open weave, sturdy collar. I just dont wear it. size medium.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Can you post few better pictures of the mac? In daylight. Looks pretty good. Why don't you get OCBDs from Luxire? Their shirts are excellent....

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  14. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Heard the Harrold's outlet at Crown is having a sale; can anyone speak about the stock?

15. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

I've bought a lot of stuff from there in the past, but you have to be ready for disappointment. Often you spot something insanely desirable, only to discover that it's not available in your size.

Not bad for odd jackets and trousers; many ties, most of which are hideous; virtually no shirts; the occasional nice suit. Plenty of Brioni, Tom Ford, Pal Zileri, Caruso, but like I said, rarely does any of it fit.

1 person likes this.
  16. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Yeah, they're not going to dress Royalty I'll give you that. But I've picked up a few of their button-down slim-fits in their Factory outlets over time for about $25 each - and they more than do the job at that proce. Lightweight, casual shirts that you can throw on for a summer's day. Nothing wrong with them imo.

17. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I know slim trousers are popular around here, but I feel like your trouser-width-to-shoe-size ratio is off (this important ratio needs a name, any takers?). As in, your feet are on the larger side, and your trousers are very slim, and so you're in danger of entering 'clown foot' territory. I'm a very skinny dude with size 10 feet, so this is something I've learnt to watch out for myself via painful introspection.

18. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

+1 definitely nice gear but all in ridiculously big, or odd sizes. Pants with a 54 suit that are drop 10, etc

SA's are very nice on the eye, and always worth having a quick browse at before gorging one's self at Rockpool or Spice Temple.

1 person likes this.
  19. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Couldn't agree more. He dresses really well, but I've thought that same thing about a few of his pics.

20. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Yeah I will do, I have this one here, just in a tee, I'll get some more tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

As for the shirts, I don't go luxire as I have no idea what the perfect fitting shirt for me would measure, and I would like to support Oscar Hunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.