1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fxh

fxh Senior member

Matt, listening to Andrew Ford last night. Apparently no music taught in 90℅ of primary schools, with the remarkable exception of Queensland which has 100% of primary schools with music in classroom.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. mezentius

mezentius Senior member

Wait a second mate, wasn't that exactly what you did when said "How can you have a decent opinion about something you've obviously not really listened to?"?

/dickhead mode fully engaged

1 person likes this.
  3. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Hip-hop is lame, as is soccer, golf, non-iron shirts, Jonathan Creek, Gerry Harvey, and the colour pink.

1 person likes this.
  4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

An article in Sarurdays arts review hada very interesting article on Keith Jarrett and his approach to conscious music making and improvisation, worth reading in terms if it's insight into his specific approach to music making.

5. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Who knew talking about music could be as controversial as talking about politics, race or religion?

6. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Cheers mate, I appreciate it.

This is what Styleforum is all about, really.

7. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Very interesting OT diversion regarding music, gentlemen. But perhaps we should respect the clothes-centric focus of StyleForum and desist.

8. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

I was
    I was going to ask on a non-clothing topic - does anyone here make use of a family/discretionary trust? Please PM me.

I'm interested if anyone has some good sites for small business and individual financial advice for mum and dad investors that doesn't involve tarot cards and magic herbs.

9. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I disagree. Whilst I might not overly care for this specific off topic discussion, it's good to promote diversity in what we talk about, the more topics the merrier.

3 people like this.
  10. fxh

fxh Senior member

if you follow equities you will see that time and time again tarot and astrology do as well or better than active managers, chartists etc. As does the dartboard method.

3 people like this.
  11. fxh

fxh Senior member

I must tell my story about walking up Bourke Street at weekend with the relatively well known Dr Edelsten and his latest ex lap dancing consort. Will include obligatory clothing reference.

12. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Oli if you're asking this on styleforum indexfunds.com ... Seriously.

Coxsackie, if you mean literally no lyrics thats actually very rare. Someone always feels the need to put a word or two in. The In Sound from Way Out! is in that boat too.

13. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Can someone please tell me where I can Topy my audio cassettes?

I want them to last as long as possible, and not slip in the rain..

1 person likes this.
  14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Isn't that extreme I would have thought a good spray of starch while ironing would produce a better result.

15. Atgemis

Atgemis Senior member

16. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I don't have a problem with cassettes slipping, CDs and vinyl on the other hand...

FWIW anyone who wants to attack others for their choice in music should, IMHO, emulate 4'33"...

Also, PSA - Private White VC free international shipping.

17. Johknee

Johknee Senior member

Glad to be of assistance.

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I've been very impressed with the primary school that my children attend here in Brisbane - in addition to the obligatory recorder lessons, they have two bands (brass, percussion, woodwind) and no less than four string orchestras (junior, intermediate, senior and chamber strings), and the orchestras regularly participate in various competitions.

I have a feeling that Dr Edelsten would know quite a bit about family/discretionary trusts.

fxh - Please do feel free to tell us your story about taking a stroll with Dr E and his consort!

19. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

I doubt there would be a primary school in Melbourne that didn't offer some sort of music program.

School bands, ensembles, concerts, eisteddfods etc are prevalent.

20. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Amazon have started offering free shipping on orders over $150 to Australia (must be sold by Amazon.com and global shipping eligible - 'limited time only' at this point).
    http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=9230143011

For me, the most interest comes from Allen Edmonds given that Amazon have frequent sales, but some of you might also be interested in their shoe trees, which also give you free shipping if over $150...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...oe+tree&ie=UTF8&qid=1401064215&rnid=679799011

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.