1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Link us up chaps...

2. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thanks GN. Vote now.

1 person likes this.
  3. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Might jump on the CS100x in 33; if I don't PM you by tomorrow night....wife will have said no :( Probably not a good idea to have more than one pair of jawnz at a time.
    EDIT: Votes TBM very nice fit!

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  4. herringbonePete

herringbonePete Senior member

This one has come up before but I have worn medium tweeds - at least 14oz? quite happily in Melbourne and continue to wear them in Autumn and Spring.

5. azif

azif Senior member

Thanks to you and stiva for the replies

I run in old nike 3.0s and they took a while to get used to but seem quite comfortable now. Though maybe i should wear them for a whole day of walking and see how they feel. Last time i travelled in winter with a pair of mmm gat sneakers (flat sole and no support) and some hiking boots but found the sneakers uncomfortable for spending whole days walking around in so thought i'd try something different.

Aesthetic wise i'm mid 20s and going to be in button downs and tailored shorts / chinos most of the time. Most of my time will be spent going round the tourist sites and im part asian so i guess people figure me for a tourist anyway. Just after something comfortable that looks more like sneakers than a pair of runners (like my kayanos urgh..).

I guess if they were a bit dressier it wouldnt hurt, though I'm still not going to have a suit for the couple of times we go to somewhere with a star or two.

1 person likes this.
  6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

That's the first filson I've seen that I've liked, tempting, tempting. Can see it as a good casual bag, I am sure in the past people have mentioned using these as work bags, I cant picture it myself. Nice work wear needs a nice leather bag.

7. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

You could try out some sneakers with some extra padding like PF Flyers (pretty much converse with far better padding), or you could go with the running shoes worn casually look (I'm sure a cleaner pair would look fine).

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Partly agree - leather briefcase with suit does look better in a formal way. But what canvas does is make a formal / business outfit look a bit less stiff . This bag will be my 4th work bag . I have 2 leather briefcases including a SAB. But 80% of the time I find myself carrying my canvas briefcase.

1 person likes this.
  9. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Thanks all for the support in the Friday Challenge thread! Humbled and overwhelmed! :)

2 people like this.
  10. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Don't thank me - I voted for the other guy.

11. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Thanks all, except Prince of Paisley.

Happy now, Prince?

12. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I'd never join a club that would have me as a member!

13. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Couple of suggestions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Those woven shoes.... :embar:

What about a pair of leather walking shoes that are more casual and designed for comfort, with good insoles

e.g.

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=59&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=

Or look for some leather shoes with a nice Poron insole for comfort, Allen edmonds have a few.

Or a pair of semi-casual boots like Alden Indys, RMWs with comfort insole etc.

Or a pair of Red Wing Iron rangers with an insole inside.

Could be tough to sort it out before you leave, though, and would cost a fair bit more!

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  15. herringbonePete

herringbonePete Senior member

Has anyone noticed that you can't buy narrow cotton? laces any more from a mall stand- the local shoe cobblers sell a thick braided lace which looks terrible - and call them dress shoe laces.

Went to my local mall yesterday - I needed a new pair of thin brown laces for my shoes - of the sort of quality that came with the shoe when it was new.

It seems I will have to go to an established cobbler in the city.

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I actually have a new pair of Inneva Wovens in Obsidian under my bed. US 10 if anyone wants to buy them.

17. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Thanks Pete. I was leaning towards a 400g tweed but got talked out of it as being too hot for Aus. Then started looking at wool/cashmere instead but still haven't been able to make up my mind yet.

On that note. Can anyone tell me if this pattern has a name? I'd like to find some examples of it but hard to when I don't know what it is.
    [​IMG]

18. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

I think itw called tartan

19. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I have a few monsters under mine. If anyone wants to buy them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.