1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Today at an op-shop I bought a Henry Bucks gingham shirt (sky blue checks) in a lovely cotton IN MY SIZE (wow) for $5. The sleeves are a bit full for the not ripped LM, but for $5 I'm a happy chappy. I also found a London Fog trench in my size but in beige (want navy), though it's only like $10 I might just compromise and only wear it if it's fucking pelting (weekly occurrance).

Channeled my inner California Dreamer. I have a few more to hit up tomorrow (hoping to find an elusive rain coat)

2. Tenance

Tenance Active Member

For some brands it does. Here's Sportscraft's pant sizing:

[​IMG]

Pants sometimes have longer inseams for the larger sizes (like in the chart above). The jump in inseam length usually happens between sizes 32 and 34.
    When pants or jeans are available in two different inseam lengths, Regular (32 inches) or Long (34 inches), the longer version is often unavailable on the smallest sizes (28, 30, sometimes 32).

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. lennier

lennier Senior member

The things you miss when you leave early,

4. lennier

lennier Senior member

For $10 grab it, you may well find times you prefer the beige. I find a beige trench a nice light spring/autumn coat to throw over a suit without feeling too wintery.

5. fxh

fxh Senior member

Navy is too ordinary. Beige is better. Is it the full Inspector Gadget? I think beige is better in a plain coat.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

LM's ideal boring CM wear:
    Navy pants
    Navy V neck sweater
    Navy coat
    Brown shoes (brogues)
    Ice blue/white shirt

Minimal fuss - ultimate monochrome (my SW influence is coming in). The CdG one earlier in the thread is sexy (Kawakubo, despite her insanity, knows clothes).

I suspect the woman eyeing it off bought it, but if it's there tomorrow I might just grab it, for a weekly wear one really can't be picky, and the ones I like the most are, like, $100 with shipping on the bay.

What's on for the weekend gents?

Tomorrow is dhaal, movies, op shop and dark chocolate sea salt brownies. Sunday is supermarkets, Grand Budapest and some exercise. Tonight is video games while listening to the gale force rage outside.

7. fxh

fxh Senior member

Matt - can you let us know when the first whale appears?

8. sliq

sliq Senior member

get the sleeves taken in with the sides (or darts if it floats your boat). it's an investment.

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

I must admit I'm besotted by it. Its how I imagined paisley in my dreams. I've only got a small bit atm 10"x 28" but I think I'll buy the whole lot. Make sheets or pillow cases.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

I'm going to wear it once and see how we go, it might not be a big deal, otherwise, yes I'll pay for $20 or so and have it sorted.

Definitely.

11. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Do pale yellow shirts get much love? Saw this hit Kamakura stock and I've taken a real shine to it.

[​IMG]

12. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Wow. Just wow.

I was looking at the exact same shirt during the week and nearly posted on here with the same question.

1 person likes this.
  13. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Yeah I keep looking at it. From a distance it's cream coloured but close up it has faint yellow stripes. I think Kamakura have pulled it off beautifully... I think it'll marry very well with a navy suit. :)

14. The Ernesto

It's a yellow check.

I was actually looking for cream shirts and this caught the eye.

1 person likes this.
  15. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Check. Pun intended.

Check. Pun intended.

16. fxh

fxh Senior member

There's yellow and yellow. You need to be careful depending on your skin tone. Combined with fluorescent lights it can make you look like Chet Baker with Hep C on a bad day with no hope of scoring. Ecru is best.

17. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^he speaks the truth on skin tone there. I have an unwavering hate of cream shirts, they wash most people out awfully but have fond memories of a more yellow but still subtle Ganton shirt (when they were made in Australia) about 10 years ago. Navy is the right colour to wear them with them

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Looks like a Charvet shirt that I used to have. I used to wear it with a navy, herringbone weave suit or with a navy odd jacket and grey trousers (surprise, surprise). It's an unusual shade but can work very well.

19. The Ernesto

I hear you, but I really like off whites.

I think they suit olive complexions more?

20. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

fify

Beautiful colours and fabrics. Compliments. Can I buy some off you?

Chet certainly had bad days, most likely had Hep C, but I doubt he ever had trouble scoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.