1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

That is a significant shop.

1 person likes this.
  2. couldnthaveknow

couldnthaveknow Senior member

I've been eyeing TOJ jackets as well, the collared moto in particular, but the wait is extreme. I'm not even sure what country I'll be in by the time the jackets are done... meanwhile schott has come up with a vintage black 585, which i like very much

[​IMG]

3. The Ernesto

Not really in to leather jackets but that is nice.

4. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

I'll wait till I go to Japan (whenever that may be [​IMG]) to grab a leather jacket; would likely copy Liber and get an A2 and a simple bomber. In terms of purchases I bought a 'ruck-sack' form Urban Outfitters sale, 2 shirts on the way from Luxire and some Gats which are taking forever [​IMG]. Thinking of grabbing some PF Flyers from Amazon on top of that, if anyone has any experience with sizing please feel free to step in.

5. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

wonderful article ... congratulations

2 people like this.
  6. TommyT

TommyT Active Member

Peak menswear.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. Romp

Romp Senior member

PR - have you had stuff made at PJ before? We do not offer CMT to new customers as we like to ensure we dial your pattern and also its not significantly cheaper than using our cloth due to the back and forth freight.

Once the suit comes back, we do all the adjustments/finishing locally if required.

8. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Hi Romp,

I'll shoot you a PM now rather than clog up the thread. Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  9. Liber

Liber Senior member

Did you buy your GATS on eBay or through the guy on here that sells them in the classifieds? I need to cop a pair myself.

10. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Today Tagliatore jacket. Cashmere , wool & cotton flannel . MJ bale shirt , HY mid grey wool trousers.
    [​IMG]
    Close up
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. fox81

fox81 Senior member

GY does tours to Australia, inc Melbourne. I've been tempted to get some different pieces from huddersfield cloth sales, but I have about 10 different lengths of fabric that I don't forsee getting made up soon. im hoping to go to HKG to use peter lee again, or to Singapore for Iris.

12. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Moths have eaten a hole the size of a 20c piece in a cable knit I own which is a shame. On the sleeve so not too visible.

What are the prospects of getting something like that fixed? I've never tried to get a knit repaired before.

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Hah - I know the feeling!

I've got a couple of lengths of cloth from the Huddersfield "cloth offers" that I have to hand over to Rene at Deer Style to have made up into suits. There's just so much good stuff out there that it's easy to get carried away (although not quite as carried away as Foxhound or md2010, though!).

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

Knit repairs are easy. Well compared to worsted suit material. Make sure those moths and their eggs have been eliminated from your wardrobe.

15. TimelessMan

TimelessMan Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  16. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Superb article, Andrew. Immensely enjoyable! :)

3 people like this.
  17. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Andrew,

On your previous article, I've been pondering something the editor of Rake said. He said, "Dressing should be an outer manifestation of the class that lies beneath". I know this is more UK appropriate, but what exactly was he alluding to? That we should not try to dress up, or that we should dress down because we'll feel more comfortable dressing down? He used Jeremy Clarkson and Stephen Fry as an example.

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

An interesting question.

I suppose that the answer hinges on one's interpretation of "class" - does it mean your social level (as it may well be more likely to mean in the UK), or does it mean your particular level of quality, integrity and style (which you could possess regardless of your social class)?

19. The Ernesto

Hey, JM.

A little brown in town for you...

[​IMG]

20. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

^Very nice.

I'm wearing a brown tie today, too, but mine is a brown grenadine tie, along with an RAF blue cotton jacket, light sand-coloured trousers, a sky-blue and white bengal-stripe shirt and chestnut double monk captoe shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.