• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetminimal

Reaction score

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey Guys!

Want to buy myself a congratulations present for my new job - What are your thoughts on these with jeans/chinos?

thanks!

In my not so humble opinion it should be boots, chukkas, boots or desert boots with jeans. Chinos are more versatile. I any case if you must go shoes then a good healthy open laced full brogue is the go. Think pebble grain even.

A closed laced dress city shoe is a contradiction, go hard or go home. Jeans ain't dressed up no matter how defensively you rationalise it. Be coherent.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Date outfit! 5 hours to go.

(And 5 hours of math lectures between now and then, this is going to take forever)

A date @ 2pm!!!!!!!!

She got to get home for afternoon nap and a glass of milk?

You are overdressed buddy, but that's never too wrong.

So its now 13 hours later and you're silent. I'm guessing you are now watching TV in her bedroom, exhausted from making the four legged beast all afternoon. Now, to have shower and go out alnight or stay in and do illicit substances and start all over again. Best wishes.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A date @ 2pm!!!!!!!!

She got to get home for afternoon nap and a glass of milk?

You are overdressed buddy, but that's never too wrong.

So its now 13 hours later and you're silent. I'm guessing you are now watching TV in her bedroom, exhausted from making the four legged beast all afternoon. Now, to have shower and go out alnight or stay in and do illicit substances and start all over again. Best wishes.

Yeah uni student life.
That's how I dress all the time! I barely wear sneakers. Ball with the best or die like the rest.
Nah tired from full day of uni.

It was super nice, we hung out, she's pretty cool. Bit older than me though, like 22-23, and I'm 19.

charliechan

Reaction score
Yeah uni student life.
That's how I dress all the time! I barely wear sneakers. Ball with the best or die like the rest.
Nah tired from full day of uni.

It was super nice, we hung out, she's pretty cool. Bit older than me though, like 22-23, and I'm 19.
That is a plus at your age

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the new range at Target? its disturbingly tasteful. Check out this pair of Oxfords:

Its no C&J for sure but for $50 it ain't bad.

They have a gunboat which isn't half bad either.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you guys seen the new range at Target? its disturbingly tasteful. Check out this pair of Oxfords:
Its no C&J for sure but for $50 it ain't bad. They have a gunboat which isn't half bad either.
Thanks for that oli - will be useful for something I'm doing. I'll check them out. Seems a much better buy than Florsheims etc @200

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Asian dude is having a positive impact on the brand.

Onya 'Gok'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics