• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanohare
Meeting Stuart this Friday in Melbourne. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers jessis.
No worries, would be interested to hear how it goes.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Assuming everyone who wears a pocket square and not looking like a douche to highly likely be SFer, who could the chap walking down Latrobe with a green stripe tie, med length hair be this morning?

Wait till the small paper finds out that there is a secret 'brotherhood' of men in Melbourne all identifying themselves with natty pocket squares.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Speaking of random SF sightings - just saw Ethan and PJohnson walking/rolling (they had wheelie trunks) down Martin Place.

What a small town this is sometimes.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Is driving over the border for registration an option for you? Just about everyone on the NSW North Coast has a QLD licence plate to avoid paying the rip-off NSW levies and charges.

Sadly No.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Assuming everyone who wears a pocket square and not looking like a douche to highly likely be SFer, who could the chap walking down Latrobe with a green stripe tie, med length hair be this morning?

I am wearing green stripe tie today and work around La Trobe. But it was not me, as far as I recall I only went onto Little Lonsdale today - when I was on La Trobe it was in my cycling rags - definately not SF approved. Was wearing a nice PS though.

See: linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com for details - bad photography but distracts me from work and allows me to have a bit of a visual wardrobe diary.

PS (not pocket square in this case) - bring on the little newspaper's scoop.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Herringbone don't put C&Js on sale.
I'm not sure, but I think that the most expensive model offering by Herringbone costs about $600.

$600+. I've purchased Lowndes at $649 and they're only bench grade.

mercury

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Hayel & Son?
Someone in the building told me that they just moved out, but he wasn't sure if they had relocated or closed down.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mercury
Anyone know what happened to Hayel & Son?
Someone in the building told me that they just moved out, but he wasn't sure if they had relocated or closed down.

Haven't been there for months though I think stuff is happening in the Gowings building rear area with hotel construction which would effect their light in the workroom. Phone is 92660161/mobile 0414955618

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Arrrrrrrrg! Just took my favorite jumper out to wear today and found a friggin' moth hole on the belly!
ffffuuuu.gif

Are there any reweaving services in Melbourne or should I seek the services of my Mum or Grandmother?

Looks like this weekend will be throwing out all the pre SF **** in my closet that I couldn't give away!

CHECKstar

Reaction score
On the same note:

Originally Posted by appolyon
Guys I have a suit with a couple of small moth holes that I'd like to have repaired...does anyone know of a reputable reweaving service in Melbourne or anywhere else in Australia?

Did you ever find a profesional service in Melbourne Appolyon?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. I ended up sending it out to a place in Chicago.

For a jumper I would just go to a dry cleaners. My GF had a cashmere jumper with a small hole in it and went to the local dry cleaners and they got rid of it.

Originally Posted by CHECKstar
On the same note:

Did you ever find a profesional service in Melbourne Appolyon?

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Out of interest, how much did the Chicago mob cost and did it take long?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Arrrrrrrrg! Just took my favorite jumper out to wear today and found a friggin' moth hole on the belly!
ffffuuuu.gif

Are there any reweaving services in Melbourne or should I seek the services of my Mum or Grandmother?

Looks like this weekend will be throwing out all the pre SF **** in my closet that I couldn't give away!

Any decent tailor will either be able to fix it or refer you to someone to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads