• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for summer .......
Grenson suede loafer
Hugo Boss belt

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Daughters baptism today. Due to the Catholicism being on my wife's side of the family and us not being churchgoers, I figured the level of dress would be a bit higher for mass and was very disappointed last week when we had the presentation to find that anything goes, including Tracky dacks. I guess they are just happy if you turn up these days...... Could be that we are in a town of only 25,000 too. I felt very overdressed in flannels. Will likely wear a SC, OCBD, denim and chukkas to fit in.

I went to one last year. Yeah most people turned up in runners , T shirts and jeans. Father of the child had a heavily faded black suit on. I was over dressed even in khaki pants and navy blazer.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really like this loden jacket from Aspesi.

Not seen: elbow patches.

I like the pockets - somehow they seem rather Tyrolean to me. The entire garment just looks really soft and comfy, while still retaining some style.

Works out to around A$500 shipped to Australia, from the Aspesi website.

Do Aspesi have any retailers in Australia? Romp, do you guys happen to ship this sort of stuff?

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I haven't been to church in years. A lot of blazers and tweed from memory. Demographic would be changing though.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Last time I went to mass it was under duress and it had some dip wit playing guitar in the feelgood manner of Hillsong. As a child I enjoyed the theatrics of the Latin mass, now with Romes iniquities constantly being aired i doubt I could honestly set foot in side a church.

g-banger

Reaction score

I have a real m65 and it's really toasty. The lining on the sleeves catches on everything, though.

And yes, the button liner doesn't see any action at all haha.

where did you find yours? sydney or online?

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Last time I went to mass it was under duress and it had some dip wit playing guitar in the feelgood manner of Hillsong. As a child I enjoyed the theatrics of the Latin mass, now with Romes iniquities constantly being aired i doubt I could honestly set foot in side a church.

Yeah me too - last I went for something it was all stripped back, protestant feeling, plus tres embarrassment, happy times Hillsong simplistic songs without melody, tune or meaning. And instead of Dominus Vobiscum and et *** spiritu tuo, its turning around and hugging and kissing strangers or something and telling them you, or jesus, love them. eeeow ugh.

Sadly the right wingers and nutters have snaffled the latin mass so now its a symbol of defiance and repression.

So even if you can find a sung latin mass its full of priestly peadophiles on parole or not yet caught, Hansonites, DLP voters, League of Rights members and Opus Dei acolytes. Its a sad old world isn't it.

Last edited:

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS - Owen and James is now the first stockist for 3Sixteen denim - should be the cheapest option for anyone locally wanting to but 3sixteen denim.

We started with the SL-100 and the CS-100 cuts (i.e. modern slim and a classic full leg based on a 1947 501)

Dang, wish I knew! I copped some APCs a few weeks back, in search of the 'slim, not skinny' look. Oh well...

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So even if you can find a sung latin mass its full of priestly peadophiles on parole or not yet caught, Hansonites, DLP voters, League of Rights members and Opus Dei acolytes. Its a sad old world isn't it.

Sounds like my kind of crowd ;)

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the pockets - somehow they seem rather Tyrolean to me.

Tyrolean pockets...touch of the J Peterman there. Like it.

Fewer and fewer of these in particular as the years pass. Thankfully.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Order from MJ Bale arrived last week. Tobias Jacket and chino. **** me the chino's were skinny. Just thought I'd post in case someone else was thinking of getting a pair and didn't want to look like a 16 year old.

The tobias jacket was a lot more casual than expected as others have noted so it's all going back for a pair of the harley trousers which I tried on today (and an additional $200 for the jacket).

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ernesto, LoR , or CEC, or LaRouch dopes control a lot of rural councils and DLP has a fed senator in Ballarat, mainly due to preferences not votes

Yeah, fair point. The Larouchite scum seem to have filled the void left by any decrepitude in the LoR ranks.There's also a DLP d#ckhed in the Vic upper house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads