• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wish I lived in 'berra...

Where do you guys get your OCBDs?

Casual

CT, Lands End, Sportscraft, Owen & James

Work
BB

Ha have to laugh at your Canberra comment the wife and I have discussed moving to Newcastle, in particular Cooks Hill, was very impressed with it when last there.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of shoes has Navy Calf/Cordovan been around all the time or is this something new? Seems to be becoming pretty popular (well I havent been around that long but it appears to be popping up in a lot of the various shoe threads more and more).

I really like the look of some of them but just not sure they are very versatile.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual

CT, Lands End, Sportscraft, Owen & James

Work
BB

Ha have to laugh at your Canberra comment the wife and I have discussed moving to Newcastle, in particular Cooks Hill, was very impressed with it when last there.

Cooks Hill is a great spot - I used to live just off Darby Street. Newcastle East has some beautiful terrace houses too.

Personally I'd go further into The Valley. I'm currently in Morpeth but Pokolbin, Nulkaba and Rothbury are nice also.

Minus a few good cobblers Newcastle is a sartorial wasteland though.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice. Need Would like a suede belt (one of the few holes in my wardrobe at this stage). Had a look around at a few places at the weekend but could not see any.

Have previously seen this one at Herringbone and it looked nice - http://shop.herringbone.com/ProductDetail/mens/belts/00112703_belt_monaco_brown_suede/6245

However at a $159 seemed a lot to me (most other things were on sale).

I rarely buy belts so have little knowledge on price etc (got my last one free with my Alfred Sargent monks). I prefer side adjusters where possible and have nice belts in brown and belt leather which serve me well.

Does anyone have a good place for suede belts (I know good leather belts have been covered a bit) or is the Herringbone a good buy (it looks good).

Marbles

Reaction score
Only had one response so far but if any Canberrian wants to meet at Lonsdale St Coffee Roasters the one near Italian & Son at 11:30am that is where I will be.

I'll be there, although I may have to be back in Tuggeranong around 12.15. Does 11.00 kickoff work?

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for some advice. Need Would like a suede belt (one of the few holes in my wardrobe at this stage). Had a look around at a few places at the weekend but could not see any.

Have previously seen this one at Herringbone and it looked nice - http://shop.herringbone.com/ProductDetail/mens/belts/00112703_belt_monaco_brown_suede/6245

I rarely buy belts so have little knowledge on price etc (got my last one free with my Alfred Sargent monks). I prefer side adjusters where possible and have nice belts in brown and belt leather which serve me well.

Does anyone have a good place for suede belts (I know good leather belts have been covered a bit) or is the Herringbone a good buy (it looks good).

Azzaro has/had Leyva suede from around $100. Didn't have any chocolate when I looked, but maybe shoot them an email. Otherwise I picked up a suede from RL on sale last year.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that HB one, PS. I'm wearing it today, and I wear it often. I'm not one to pay attention to matching belt/shoes, etc. and often wear calf or cordovan shoes and this suede belt. I would say this belt is good, but your call on whether it's $159 good.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't we agree a while back that Suit Supply was the cat's pyjamas for belts?

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the following from Equus on order, will let you know what it's like when it arrives.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index.php/Suede-Belts/The-Coudray-Suede-Belt/flypage.tpl.html

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have that HB one, PS. I'm wearing it today, and I wear it often. I'm not one to pay attention to matching belt/shoes, etc. and often wear calf or cordovan shoes and this suede belt. I would say this belt is good, but your call on whether it's $159 good.

I think that I've got the same model, too, or one very similar from a couple of years back, and it's a great belt. Really lovely suede, good construction. I bought mine on sale, so it was quite a bit cheaper than the marked price.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a plane ticket to Malaysia ($600 return during school holidays = nice).

Got 10 days (Tuesday to Friday the next week). Looking to:

- Spend 2-3 days in KL
- Spend 2-3 days in Penang
- Spend 2-3 days in Singapore (for school visits)

Any recommendations? Must dos? What's the easiest/cheapest way to get around? Any decent day trips into the jungle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads