• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forum Think Tank: which coffee machine should I get? Anniversary present to ourselves. Budget - under 1k.
Nabil and Rob, your thoughts? Rancilio?

Congratulations iSurg. I, too, celebrated my first wedding anniversary this weekend with a great wee trip away to Daylesford. We are thinking of getting a piece of art for our anniversary present to ourselves (in keeping with paper for first wedding anniversary).

Not sure I will take suggestions on specific artworks here, though maybe if anyone has any galleries in Melbourne they might recommend...there seems to be some nice stuff at that big place on St Kilda Road at the moment...wonder how much one of those lily paintings would set me back...

PS Oli, if you really want to change your name, I am happy to support, though other members do make good points, so consider them first.

PPS I never got around to doing a full post but, in summary, I was extremely impressed with the packaging and presentation of my Mr Porter goods.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good weekend for the British: the Lions win, they win Wimbledon and they lead the TdF.

Excuse me this is the Australian Members thread not the don the hair shirt and rub salt in wounds thread.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that the same Cafe Hernandez that used to be off Oxford St Darlo? The coffee was good there but I'd rather be at Grind.

The one at Potts Point is the original store been there over thirty years, they do a variety of blends and roast daily on the premises.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The one at Potts Point is the original store been there over thirty years, they do a variety of blends and roast daily on the premises.
Right, right. I'd heard the gup sup about Hernandez and thought the Darlo shop was the only one; like I said it was ok but now I will have to give the original a try.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excuse me this is the Australian Members thread not the don the hair shirt and rub salt in wounds thread.

Well no real Australians care about the Lions win; we care about the Australian game, not an inferior import. Murray is a Scot, so I can identify with him through my Celtic background. And their African rider only leads the TdF because of the help given by an Australian, so we can take credit for that.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well no real Australians care about the Lions win; we care about the Australian game, not an inferior import.

Infidel! Blasphemer. For my part I don't even consider cross country basketball to be football.

neyus

Reaction score
Attention Brisbane Members

Tie Rack, Myer Centre is having a closing down sale.

50-80% everything in the store.

I went there today and saw $2.00 pocket squares. $8.00 ties.

Some pretty decent silk print and knit ties. Most are fairly narrow. Theres a mix of Chinese and Italian made items.

Nolvadex

Reaction score

Attention Brisbane Members

Tie Rack, Myer Centre is having a closing down sale.

50-80% everything in the store.

I went there today and saw $2.00 pocket squares. $8.00 ties.

Some pretty decent silk print and knit ties. Most are fairly narrow. Theres a mix of Chinese and Italian made items.

Didnt see any knit ties. Most of the ties were crap so I didnt really pay attention to them. The pocket squares were pretty average but at $2 I grabbed the last decent looking one. Also picked up a couple of socks. The sock monster ate a couple of my socks so I needed and extra pair. At $6 I cant complain

neyus

Reaction score
The knit ties were hidden behind all the silk ties. They did have some fairly decent regimental ties there as well. Yes the pocket squares were done to dull plain colors. The decent ones all gone. When I when their last week, things were looking alot better.

Marbles

Reaction score
And their African rider only leads the TdF because of the help given by an Australian, so we can take credit for that.

As much as I'm sure Richie Porte is a fantastic bloke just for being born in Australia, I'd be willing to put a significant chunk of cash down while saying that Team Sky are doped to the gills. Not that the rest aren't, but I think a few could be once bitten, twice shy (Contador for one).

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure I will take suggestions on specific artworks here, though maybe if anyone has any galleries in Melbourne they might recommend...there seems to be some nice stuff at that big place on St Kilda Road at the moment...wonder how much one of those lily paintings would set me back...

A very subjective area, but I have done OK with Manyung Gallery for contemporary Australian stuff. Their Glenferrie Rd gallery would be fairly close to you. There's quite a few spots along High St Armadale near there where you may find something. Hit the antiques barns as well - I've seen some nice stuff at some of those, including Jean Miro.

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As much as I'm sure Richie Porte is a fantastic bloke just for being born in Australia, I'd be willing to put a significant chunk of cash down while saying that Team Sky are doped to the gills. Not that the rest aren't, but I think a few could be once bitten, twice shy (Contador for one).

That rumour was doing the rounds, but I'd suggest their sub-par perfomance last night scotched that. If they'd rocked up and repeated the dose with no ill effects after Saturday, that might have raised more eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads