1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Pics?

2. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Son, I am proud.

Aussies, let's get nabil over the line. It will be our biggest coup since the America's Cup.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Remember Tammany Hall's motto "Vote early, vote often"

5. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Even I have helped the cause!

6. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Cheers JM and sliq!

She's been volunteering at Legal Aid for the last 2 years 1 day/week, and did a 5 week stint in Darwin full time for Legal Aid (Family) and absolutely loved it.

One of her subjects this year is a day a week at a local Legal Aid, and she's keen as mustard to pursue the family law legal aid approach.

So she's definitely not thinking about sitting the bar any time soon, but it's just more knowing if she should be pursuing various options, etc.

On the other hand if anyone in Melb is in the research consulting game, I'd be keen to pick their brains! :D

7. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

For straya, solid lead now

8. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Must have sucked wearing a 3 piece today - was easily around 35 degrees.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  9. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

gonna need deets on the first pic nabil

10. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Voting ends today so in with a great chance.

11. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Out of loyalty to this thread voted Nabil straightaway, knowing he would not let us down. Then a quick stroll down the pictures so he is best dressed by a country mile. No surprise there. Well done Nabil.

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

X post from AE thread-
    [​IMG]

13. TimelessMan

TimelessMan Well-Known Member

Hi guys. Well, it's about time I posted. Long time reader, first time poster.
    For anyone who might be interested, my new blog is now live www.timelessman.com.au
    It focuses on bespoke tailoring in Australia and fine menswear and accessories.

There are still a few glitches to sort out, but they're minimal and for all intents and purposes, the site is ready to go. Likes and shares would be very welcome. But, of course, the responsibility is on me to create content that is worthy of being shared.

The first couple of posts cover a bespoke shirt commission with JH Cutler and a discussion with Bijan.
    In the weeks and months ahead, there will be a number of interviews with tailors and business owners, bespoke commissions from the likes of Bijan and others, as well as reviews on a number of items, including some new Gaziano and Girling's and, with a bit of luck, some bespoke Cleverly's.

I'll also hope to become more active on Style Forum, which has been such an amazing resource for me over the years.

Any comments, feedback or requests are always welcome.

Andrew.

3 people like this.
  14. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

The Bijan interview was great. Its sad that UTS cut back his course to make way for more hipster crap.

Reckon you could do a few question/answer type interviews? would be cool finding out people's backgrounds etc.

15. wurger

wurger Senior member

Nice, a black cap toe.

16. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I think that md might have re-coloured it to be dark navy, actually.

17. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Looks a sexy sexy navy to me [​IMG]

18. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Gents, thank you for all the love and support.

Nova, the deets on the first fit are:

SC: Charles Tyrwhitt summer tweed (elbow patches were added later)
    Knit: Smedley
    Shirt: AC
    Tie: Brioni chocolate knit
    Trousers (part of suit): bespoken from Iris Tailor, Singapore

19. alessandromo

alessandromo Well-Known Member

Great looking blog Andrew! I enjoyed your Dress Down Fridays post, looking forward to reading more...

20. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Ok guys.
    I know I it is wrong to be so overly fixated on details but I guess that is the way with weddings. I need to decide today on my tie otherwise I won't guarantee being able to get it in time. Can I please get some input here. I have basically narrowed my choices down to the following three, each of which is beautiful but all have some problem that makes me 2nd guess myself. what do you think? Note this is to go with my RAF blue peak lapel PJ Suit and white shirt navy shoes.

[​IMG] Nice glen Check and the safest. I wanted this originally when I was buying Hober but when the swatch arrived it was far too dark and the fabric was stiff and scratchy which didn't see good for a 7fold. This one looks very similar to the hober pic so I'm worried it might still be too dark/harsh. Though Gianni says he has it in dark blue as well.

next up

[​IMG]This one looks like it would be more the softer shaded glenplaid I was looking for. But those lines are very thick and more importantly it's cashmere, which seems inappropriate for Summer. or is Summer cashmere now a thing?

[​IMG]I 'think' this would make a nice summery tie pattern but is it wedding appropriate? and once again cashmere...

Finally. My new favorite and I would probably purchase in a heartbeat if it was just an impulse purchase....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]pluses. goes with groomsmens grenadine ties, contains a lot of black/white and in a check pattern which both seem to make it look wedding-y (right?), looks amazingly beautiful. Also looks more like a true vintage tie to my untrained eye.
    minuses - not a 'true' wedding tie. will the floral motif stand out more irl than in the pics? Will I look at my pics in 20 years and think wtf??

All these options are coming from Passaggio Cravatte so i'm sure they'll look great regardless but I'm just stuck on this one decision that i seem incapable of making. Help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.