Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Ha! I think ill let you two more knowledgeable gentlemen duke it out and just follow the final decision. ;)

Side note. Had any old man stop me in gawler place this afternoon to tell me how nice my shoes were and that "they don't make them like that anymore". Still feeling a little awkward that this pretty much made my whole day.
    Even if he did ask if they were churches.[​IMG]

2. joiji

joiji Senior member

3. punchdrunkwelle

punchdrunkwelle Active Member

The glen plaid.

4. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

do not want to sound unpatriotic but a bit meh about Samantha Stosur at Wimbledon when we have 2 exciting young stars in Monica Puig and Laura Robson. If I am a betting man, my money is on this two to do very well in the years to come. Plus easy on the eye, and most importantly, no stupid screams and grunts even though they engage in power play.

5. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

I always get compliments on my shoes - definitely makes your day!

Even got the name of some bootmaker in Footscray by some random at the train station. Bitch was mirin' hard.

6. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Haha getting comments on shoes is great....sadly none from workplace these days (been there too long :p) yet every now and then get stopped in the street; feels good :)

TBM- What happened with the Belgraves, sizing? Remember being excited for you when you grabbed them from DM; bad luck dude.

Chinos- Wouldn't recommend getting Green Suede Chukkas as a shoe as it seems your fairly new to clothes, not that versatile IMO Especially the crepe sole, though the Christian Kimber one looks pretty versatile as its not too saturated.

Wedding Ties- as long as the ties are in the colour scheme (ala Jason's comment; grey, silver) they should be fine, but hell if your wearing a tie your doing darn good :) Also wouldn't recomend blowing the cash on Drakes, just start simple(hell I have a couple polyester ties and they tie great knots!).

7. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

Not to be a wet blanket but if getting compliments about your shoes makes your day then you need to check your lifestyle. They're just shoes. I mean yes, they are much better than what grown men in Australia wear to work but come...on.

8. Duxnuts

Duxnuts Active Member

Thanks guys! End up with this odd oxblood brown colour in a soft leather loafer. Looks really good, I look for something in green like the chukkas but couldn't find any :/

9. Duxnuts

Duxnuts Active Member

Sorry have another question that I meant to ask earlier. Got an awards night coming up, just wondering if a young guy can pull off a double breasted suit or if I will just look weird? All of my suits (3) are single breasted 2 buttons but I just wear them to work and felt like I should go out and buy a new one for the occasion! If I win an award I have to be looking sharp!

10. iSurg

iSurg Senior member

So much love for Liverano from The Armoury. Looking forward to this.

PS. DB rocks. Get it. Wear the eff out of it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

11. hasnostyle

hasnostyle Active Member

Nothing wrong with feeling good about getting complimented on what you are wearing.

12. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

I completely agree with this.

13. wurger

wurger Senior member

We should cherish the few that appreciate the subtle finer things in life.:slayer:

14. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

I completely disagree. Of all the things I'd splash out on it would be ties and pocket squares - they're the focal point of an outfit and unlike shoes, shirts, suits etc aren't subject to wear. Also a little ($100-150) goes a long way.

I'd rather own 6-8 stunning ties than 20+ of polyester crap. Alongside a black and navy grenadine (the ties of the novus homo) a wedding tie would definitely be top of that list.

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

I get complimented all the time - by stunning models who are just gagging for it

Ties should not be "stunning" thats First level = Donald Trump, Real Estate agents in general - and 5th level.
    Most people here should be in between levels.

Ties should be subversive not obvious.

I have over 150 ties. + two more square end knits FREE given to me today.

If I'm honest (a rare occurrence for me) I wear around 8 regularly.
    Two of these are polyester paisley

No one notices.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.