• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Jason,

Make my pant-dreams come true.

Love,

Australian Members thread

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck Jason; pants look great...well as great as they can from a single picture
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also awesome to see two new members in a span of less than 24 hours; welcom guys!

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jason - would you consider getting a '4 season' worsted like HY has?
Yes and I will but not first up, will be tropicals first up. The flat front sample is in a really nice grey serge fabric which would be perfect.
Dear Jason, Make my pant-dreams come true. Love, Australian Members thread
Good luck Jason; pants look great...well as great as they can from a single picture
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Also awesome to see two new members in a span of less than 24 hours; welcom guys!
Thanks guys doing my best to fill a void in the market, hopefully it will work out to everyone's favour.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love pleats like these:

here's another look from far away (different trou though)

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the side adjusters on sliqs photo better.. Cleaner look.

Nice trouser nonetheless jase!

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There will just be a single forward pleat more than likely for the pleated one. Double pleats are too full for my market and the one above is really a bespoke option, I've never seen it on any otr trousers and I'd hazard a guess that of the fit was off a bit, they would splay open quite badly. I'd also take a guess that I'll have a few different buckle options for the side adjusters. Anyway, all will be revealed in good time.

For those waiting, I've just uploaded the first lot of the new ties with some new and some re-stocks. Copied from my affiliate thread and spoilered

New
Silver Grenadine 7 fold

Navy/White Dot 7 fold

Black crunchy knit

Navy crunchy knit

Brown crunchy knit

Re-stocks
Navy Grenadine 7 & 3 fold

Burgundy Grenadine 7 & 3 Fold

Chocolate Grenadine 7 & 3 Fold

Charcoal herringbone wool 3 fold

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Did you get this from the Canali store in Sydney? Off the rack or made to measure?

I think I saw a suit with that fabric on a mannequin when I was Sydney last month. It looked brilliant.

Yep, Macquarie Street. Off the rack. You're right, the suit was on a mannequin inside the store for a while, and there was a big photo of it or a similar one, in the front display window. It's also in their catalog.

I've had my eye on this suit for months, and had tried it on once. Was just waiting patiently for the sale, and hoping...

Mind you, I got dumped on by a rainstorm five minutes after walking out the door this morning. Just hung the jacket up when I got to work and it dried out fine.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
X-post from the WAYWN thread...

At home in my library after coming home from an afternoon tea at my club recently.

Suit: Amy Yang MTM.
Shirt: Tailorstore MTM.
Socks: Pantherella.
Shoes: Shanghai Tianzi MTM.

When you state "MTM" from Shanghai Tianzi, did you actually go to their workshop in Songjiang to get measured up, or just send them some measurements?

They look very nice. I'm going to make the trek out to their workshop when I get back to Shanghai in a few weeks.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Online MTM, though you can certainly go to them as well if you're able. I sent them an outline of the soles of my feet, measured various points of the soles of my feet and supplied overall measurements of key areas of my feet. Obviously, getting it all done in person is better, but the shoes fit me perfectly, they nailed it, and for $221, I'm thrilled :D I have three pairs of shoes from them so far, with more to come.

ovlov

Reaction score
Anyone here know anything about the quality of Henry bucks house brand knit wear? Or anywhere to find cashmere v neck for under $200 for the 'heftier man'?

__PG__

Reaction score
I saw Cashmere jumpers on sale at Pozzoni menswear on Queen St, between Little Collins and Bourke st the other day.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads