1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

Agreed about Eidos!!

The creative director (I think) posts in the WIWT thread and always kills it as well!

2. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Melbourne gents, the Salvos in Burwood Rd Hawthorn (near Power St) has an EZ Su Misura in 15milmil15 fabric going for around $90 for a jacket and two pairs of pants. It's in a blue birdseye pattern and felt to me like a 40R, but with quite a drop on the waist - pants felt like around 32, and would never have worked for me.

I would have snagged it for resale, except that it is old (dated 2000) and the pants are yellowed. If you can live with that, you might want to get down there. There was also a Tom James Executive orphan suit jacket; the first TJ I've ever seen in an op shop. Lo and behold, there was another one in the next shop I went to as well.

Got bitten by a couple of fakes, but I did have a good day overall. NWT shirts from BB and Faconnable, Cantarelli shirt and PRL tie. All my size.

3. Romp

Romp Senior member

Pinksocks.. I cut my jacket about 1cm shorter on my sport coat plus light jackets tend to look longer..I also open my skirt a tad more

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

Hussy

5. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thanks Romp - yes, I think my coat just needs to be a touch shorter with slightly more open quarters to work as a sportscoat.

Just been to see Spike Jonze's Her. Great film - poignant, thought provoking and insightful. Plus plenty of high waisted trousers. Hope there is a trend coming so they are easier to find.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  6. fxh

fxh Senior member

This might interest some of youse*
    Some of the sweetest moments come about through serendipity. So much so that there is a tendency these days to plan serendipity. Which of course is just inane - doesn't stop media trying though.

A few days ago - probably during the Big Heat - I plopped in front of the box, {well they aren't strictly boxes now are they - not unless you can call a thing a inch or so thick and the dimension of a front door laid sideways a box} - just as an English doco came on - I think some series about the Dales with the bloke who played Neil in The Young Ones. Or maybe it was something else - I don't even know if Huddersfield is in the Dales. Or where the Dales are.

Anyway. It tweaked my spidey sense.
    I'd known about Huddersfield and Textiles. Hell I'd even remembered the Luddites and the Industrial Revolution from around those parts. So I left it on. There was a few bits about the Luddites and history of the IR. Then a small tour of a factory and a bit in the lab at W T Johnson http://www.wtjohnson.co.uk/london_shrunk.php where they talked about manufacturing textiles and London shrunk and how in the lab they were developing a technique using lasers to shrink proof material. Or something like that - very interesting and with actual footage of the laser technique. All very good.

Then just today - whilst doing something else I stumbled across a film on the web about The Sex Pistols, and the concert they played in Huddersfield for striking firemen one xmas - 1977 to be exact. It has a pretty good to camera from Mr Rotten and his mates but the highlight is some delightful footage of the Pistols with the kids at the Xmas party and a live performance of The Sex Pistols playing to the 9 - 15 year old kids. Its a real delight and cheered me up no end. Not mawkish just great. I'm sure you'll feel just as good on watching it as I did.

Never Mind The Baubles - Xmas '77 With The Sex Pistols

If you are in a hurry tune in at 22 minutes or so.

===========
    "
    *Ms. is watching GoT after watching tennis.

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Someone had to say it.

8. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Got up.

Put on Tom Ford suit.

Got married.

16 people like this.
  9. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

10. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Congratulations! I hope that you managed to find a suitable make-up person and that the wedding went off very well. Just as well Melbourne had a cool change come in on Friday afternoon!

12. wurger

wurger Senior member

13. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Comiserations.

Just kidding, best of luck.

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Congrats mate, hope it all went well.

15. acinod

acinod Senior member

Congrats mate!

On another matter, I've been eyeing a pair of Loake Pimlico in Dark Brown Suede for a while but not sure where to get them. Pediwear has a small sale and it comes to $290.80 delivered. Herring Shoes has it for $347.62 with shoe trees after a promo code. Thoughts?

16. eightace

eightace Senior member

Gents, three things:

Congrats to Coxsackie, and

Robinsons sent me an email - use 'CUSTOMER10' to get an extra 10% off their clearance items, and

A shameless plug - just put up a classified for a pair of Cheaneys from their signature range:

[​IMG]

Details in the signature link.

17. blahman

blahman Senior member

[​IMG]
    Just picked up my suit yesterday. Not bad for a $450 off the rack suit unaltered besides just sleeve lengths hey? :D

2 people like this.
  18. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Pediwear price comes down to £145.46 if you are a Loake club member.

19. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Such a concise and informative post both on the style you opted for and the great personal news, grats mate :) Was that the TF suit you picked up last year, did you ever show us pics?

I'm going to pass on the MJB Zoff suit, need to go easy on the clothing purchases, thanks for the opinions on the cloth though to all who provided input. I'm not a huge pinstripes fan but that wide one that was posted looked pretty schmick.

Anyone else ever notice the longer you spend looking for a car the more your price bracket seems to increase...

20. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

I''m probably way off but that looks like the MJBale light grey mudgee and a HC printed tie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.