• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
]
No worries.

Anyone watch that little Paris kitchen show (on SBS now if you're quick)?

My wife loves it. The host is achingly beautiful. Easy to get a crush on that's for sure.

I want her to marry me.

Or just like hang out for a few days.

Plus, the food looks great. I even started looking at jobs in Paris because of the show.

I also enjoyed Chinese Culinary Adventure earlier in the year and developed a crush on that host.

Mr. Dunne = equal opportunity employer.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't weight to see the trousers! What where fabrics are your first public ones going to be? (assuming the current shipment is just a test?)

The first lot will be al tropical weight likely. And when I say lot, I'm talking probably 3 colours to start with (quality over quantity). A light grey, mid grey and tan/beige most likely. But it depends on what takes my fancy out of all the swatches. Ludlows may do some exclusive to them for the legal market also. I don't see them being released before October really because lets face it, in the southern cities it's pretty well still winter for the first month of spring anyway.

They'll be around the $190-$200 mark, essentially comparable to the HY line in both quality and price, but with the added ease of being both in stock here and being returnable for Aussie customers. I'll also respond to peoples emails too if you have a query, so there's that as well :)

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will definitely purchase light grey trop wool.

100% in.

Sign me up to a list if you need to. There's only one Milduran Matt buying HC stuff, so you even know my address.

billbro

Reaction score

well depends what 60% off equals in terms of price?

IMO, the price of the PRL cable knit cashmeres are pretty reasonable at $200 after 60% off. Particularly, as I was considering some Everlane cashmeres and they are $120 USD before proxy.

I picked up a red and a black in small as soon as the sale started. The stuff isn't amazing, but I think it's good for the price. However, I also picked up two RLBL cashmeres - these are obviously nicer than the PRL but also cost more. They are just cut slimmer and it's a softer/thinner fabric that isn't as bulky looking - also v necks.

Edit: whoops didn't realise how old the post was typing from my phone.

Last edited:

ovlov

Reaction score

IMO, the price of the PRL cable knit cashmeres are pretty reasonable at $200 after 60% off. Particularly, as I was considering some Everlane cashmeres and they are $120 USD before proxy.

I picked up a red and a black in small as soon as the sale started. The stuff isn't amazing, but I think it's good for the price. However, I also picked up two RLBL cashmeres - these are obviously nicer than the PRL but also cost more. They are just cut slimmer and it's a softer/thinner fabric that isn't as bulky looking - also v necks.

Edit: whoops didn't realise how old the post was typing from my phone.
Haha. Thanks for the info mate. Still considering it but can't bring myself to give them the business. I actually went back for then once but was flat out refused service ("it's 5:02 we close at 5 and I don't get overtime"!)

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x2 on a 36 mid grey tropical.

Will definitely purchase light grey trop wool.

100% in.

Sign me up to a list if you need to. There's only one Milduran Matt buying HC stuff, so you even know my address.

Thanks guys, I don't think there is any need for a list just yet until we get a bit closer, but I'll start to gauge interest a bit more so I can get an idea of what sizes will be popular pretty soon and post measurements once I've done whatever tweaking I need to do.

I'll post some detailed shots and all that first when they arrive and go from there.

Ta
Jason

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...I just went in there this morning and scored the most kick-ass suit in human history. The only thing about the deal that pissed me off was that it was only 40% off.

Suit is a dark purple-and-burgundy window-pane in (I think) 90% wool/10% cashmere, peaked lapels, narrow waist, double vents, fairly narrow taper on the pants. It is what you might call "directional" (some might prefer to use the word "*****") and would not be suitable for an undertaker.
Sounds brill.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want her to marry me. Or just like hang out for a few days. Plus, the food looks great. I even started looking at jobs in Paris because of the show. I also enjoyed Chinese Culinary Adventure earlier in the year and developed a crush on that host.
Mr. Dunne = equal opportunity employer.
You lads definitely need to avoid the Asian Girls Appreciation Thread.

Last edited:

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
[/spoiler]

You lads definitely need to avoid the Asian Girls Appreciation Thread.

I have lived in Shanghai for the past seven years and I'm here to tell you that flooding therapy doesn't work.

ovlov

Reaction score
Wait? What? Where? I thought this place was all about mens clothing. Not beautiful nubile young ladies!

iSurg

Reaction score
White guys love Asian girls. Asian guys like White girls. Asian girls love White guys. White girls do not like Asian guys. Therefore, Asian guys are fucked. I'm done.

Last edited:

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White guys love Asian girls. Asian guys like White girls. Asian girls love White guys. White girls do not like Asian guys. Therefore, Asian guys are fucked. I'm done.

Tell them you're black. Black trumps everything, just ask Seal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads