• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
S
so basically I'm paying extra for something that Is going to be a pain to take care of and all I get out of it is the smug satisfaction I'm wearing something schmancy? (Currently upgrading winter casual wardrobe from jeans and hoodies so first time shopping for such respectable casual. Wear)
well depends what 60% off equals in terms of price?

I always wear socks.
Nolva - I get this issue inside my Meermins after it rains... its basically the moisture gets in and combined with foot-sweat in goes mouldy. I have to wipe them out and let them air-dry and then tree them. Usually avoid those shoes like the plague when I see hints of rain

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminder: Meetup Tuesday 18 June of La Direction générale de Melbourne de la Société des Ambianceurs et des Personnes Élégantes

You are welcome to drop in for 10 mins on the way to the train or stay until 7pm or kick on 'til later.

Details below:
At Sofitel on Tuesday 18 June at Sofitel Lobby/Bar - Collins street - - quiet - plenty of room and bar /coffee pay for yourself.

Inside the centre go up the escalator. I'll try and reserve a set of couches etc right down near the bar and Mens Toilets! (I'll be the one sipping single malts on a bar tab named G Nelson)

The idea is to have a low key, early short meet up so its from say 5pm for 5.30pm to 7pm so we can get home in time for soup and Inspector Rex. Or kick on. It isn't a clothing competition.

Matt from SUIT SHOP has agreed to come along and bring his books and some samples.

By popular request Matt and me will give a short rant on our recent Tokyo visits at 5.30pm. Also by request I will bring along my collection of Japanese mens clothing magazines

PMs and if you would do me a favour and email me at:

[email protected]

with your mobile number - first name at least and online name. (otherwise I will get terribly confused as to who is who)

In case venue or something changes I will txt or ring people.

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zzz discovered I have a mould problem in my shoes this morning. I usually stuff them with newspaper when I get home and swap it out with shoe trees the next morning. Is that the way to go or is there a better way?
Hopefully oil of cloves will clean that **** out.

I wouldn't use Oil Of Cloves on leather. Or bleach - it will only whiten it not necessarily kill the bug.

Anti fungal powder as someone said. Make sure you haven't got Athletes Foot yourself.

Make sure you wash socks and hang them out.

Try 8/10 vinegar (cheap white cleaning vinegar from supermart or bunnings) to 2/10 water. Will kill it.

If you have very sweaty feet then makes sure you wash socks and use hair dryer on low after wearing to dry out shoes. You can save those absorbent sachets from various things will help if you plonk them in .

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the LE info guys much appreciated; will pick some chinos and cords later tonight!
Fxh who make your favourite khaki's btw?

Ditto on Gerry's photography!

EDIT:
Saw two homeless people, one in orig. Burberry Mac and other in Belstaff Trial or Roadmaster....thrifting done right!

Last edited:

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Would you get anti fungal powder from a pharmacy?

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great fit on them, personally not of the fan of the 'original' khaki shade of greenish-beige; stone and British khaki/plain old beige are my favorites.
Sadly my thighs mean I have to go with pleats but will order tailored and the slimmest pleat I can find from LE just in case, as I think khakis look better plain front. Nice Darth Vader helmet :p

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Would you get anti fungal powder from a pharmacy?
great - style forum has resulted to discussions on fungal powders
crackup[1].gif

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zzz discovered I have a mould problem in my shoes this morning. I usually stuff them with newspaper when I get home and swap it out with shoe trees the next morning. Is that the way to go or is there a better way?
Are you sure it's mould? Could be just accumulation of sock lint at the toe of your shoe from the photo.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so basically I'm paying extra for something that Is going to be a pain to take care of and all I get out of it is the smug satisfaction I'm wearing something schmancy? (Currently upgrading winter casual wardrobe from jeans and hoodies so first time shopping for such respectable casual. Wear)

Only have one cream cashmere zip neck from RLPL so not sure about the polo line. That said, this one's wearing pretty well, and I've had it since '07.

Last edited:

Nolvadex

Reaction score

great - style forum has resulted to discussions on fungal powders
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
But its related to shoe care so it still counts as menswear :p
Are you sure it's mould? Could be just accumulation of sock lint at the toe of your shoe from the photo.
Squeezed my hand in there and gave it a bit of a swipe. There was quote a bit of lint and some green fluff.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man i wore my nice cordovan aldens out to the ivy last friday afterwork and the toilets there are disgusting - i suppose people can't aim after a certain number of drinks. Anyways after about 5 trips to the restroom and 5 too many old fashioneds, i realised my soles have been dampened and darkened with the piss from the floor! ****, it is disgusting as ****. My leather soles are black now.

Are my shoes ruined? or should i resole them? Or should i just wear cheap pointy guido shoes to the ivy next time? I'm very sad because everytime i touch the sole of my shoes when im brushing them, all i can think of is the piss that is touching my hands. Please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics