• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Goes well with his black, super-high-stance three button jacket, complete with massive collar gap...

Not forgetting that insipid beaver tail glued to the back of his gulliver

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melbourne Meetup Tuesday 18 June Summary*: Min 7 - Max 13 - Shower or two. - Melbourne area - Cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h, increasing to 25 to 30 km/h during the day.

At Sofitel on Tuesday 18 June at Sofitel Lobby/Bar - Collins street - - quiet - plenty of room and bar /coffee pay for yourself.

Inside the centre go up the escalator. I'll try and reserve a set of couches etc right down near the bar and Mens Toilets! (I'll be the one sipping single malts on a bar tab named G Nelson)

The idea is to have a low key, early short meet up so its from say 5pm for 5.30pm to 7pm so we can get home in time for soup and Inspector Rex. Or kick on. It isn't a clothing competition.

Matt from SUIT SHOP has agreed to come along and bring his books and some samples.

By popular request Matt and me will give a short rant on our recent Tokyo visits at 5.30pm. Also by request I will bring along my collection of Japanese mens clothing magazines

PMs and if you would do me a favour and email me at:

[email protected]

with your mobile number - first name at least and online name. (otherwise I will get terribly confused as to who is who)

In case venue or something changes I will txt or ring people.

* Its only summery if you are from Melb.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which of these are better for rainy weather?

I would say the Bean boots, hands down, as they are specifically made for tramping around in winter mud and slush whilst hunting and doing various outdoor things.

The drawback, of course, is that you will look rather odd if you wear them anywhere outside a forest. The Wolverine boots can at least be worn with jeans in the city without attracting some very curious looks.

One other option that I'll mention is a pair of decent leather hiking boots (such as the Scarpa boots that I mentioned a few pages back now, in response to another cold, wet weather query - this thread moves very fast sometimes!).

A good pair of leather hiking boots, daubed with Snoseal or similar, will take everything that rainy city weather can throw at them and (in my opinion) will still look decent with a pair of jeans when dressing casually in the city, as well when hiking around the countryside.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slight overkill. Australia is mild when it comes to wet weather/cold. Why not go a chelsea or chukka?

Orchie

Reaction score
I have a Chukka in suede. Although it's not massive I do a 20 minute walk to work, 40 minutes when I have to drop my daughter off. It's nice not to have to think about the wet quite so much.

Grant

jmills

Reaction score
The drawback, of course, is that you will look rather odd if you wear them anywhere outside a forest. The Wolverine boots can at least be worn with jeans in the city without attracting some very curious looks.

Slight overkill. Australia is mild when it comes to wet weather/cold. Why not go a chelsea or chukka?

Hear, hear. Where are you going in these boots? Wolverine 1000s would be okay. I think those are usually put in the same category as Alden Indy's, which might be another option, but really what rubber soled shoe isn't going to hold up to a bit of walking in the rain, and the occasional rain drop or splash of water?

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerry you have both Rain and Forest last Carmina's yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics