Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

A complete oversight PP, you're correct!

Cotton Eye Joe would have to be Top Ten at least

2. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Well, a dainite soled boot of some description (e.g. http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/3031.php) would fit the bill, 'thematically', but the truth is that I wear all of my shoes in wet weather (with the exception perhaps of a downpour, but they are rare), with absolutely no ill effects, on me or the shoes. And I walk to catch a tram, then change to a train, then walk 12-15 mins to get to work, so it's not like I'm able to avoid the rain.

...Of course, if you have the money, it's fun to have a seasonal wardrobe, and that includes shoes. But is it necessary (if you live in Melbourne)? That is debatable.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

3. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Great to see you back DB; great sale HC :p
    Young guy with JLC......Ballerz gonna ball :p

4. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Lol, how about Achy Breaky Heart in Japanese?

Sing after me : "No kokoro, watashi-no kokoro...."

5. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

NB, if anyone is not aware, currently one of the cheapest ways to book flights is to wait until Qantas has a sale, and then grab a sale fare from expedia.br or decolar - I can't be bothered going into the technical explanation so I'll just c & p what someone else has written below.

Using this I have grabbed the above $500 return to Philippines fare for Sept, and got a $1010 MEL - London return for my girlfriend for Oct. Massive savings to be had...

Hope this helps someone booking a holiday...

As an FYI for everyone who does not know, the Brazilian government made a law/ruling that airlines cannot charge taxes and fuel levies on plane fares when booked in Brazil.

This effects airlines such as Qantas. This law/ruling is usually managed by some smart cookie (ie. coder/XL file loader) determining if the purchaser is Brazilian and not charging them the taxes, otherwise it would apply.

What happens here is that we have noticed that whenever Qantas has a special deal such as the one now or the Asian one that finished on 4 April 2013 recently, they forget to flag these special flights as requiring taxes for non Brazilian flight buyers.

This means that a MEL-LHR-MEL flight that would normally have about AU$900 in taxes put against it, has $0. Having a sale at the same time just gives us icing on top of the cake.

Please note that going to the Expedia dot com dot BR website for non sale Qantas flights will just give you standard prices as these would have been flagged properly.

I myself will be flying MEL-SIN-MEL with some mates for the long weekend next week for AU$419 as a bit of a status run for myself (and some fun as well - double status points for me until 30 June).

I hope this explanation helps.

Regards
    Daniel

7. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Any more popovers coming in to stock Rob?

8. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Ive got about 120kgs of shirts sitting in customs right now

popovers + camo shackets :)

9. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Good stuff. Let us know when they are available.

I have an urge for a popover.

10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Interesting - thanks for that.

Of course, I assume that Qantas will rectify the situation soon and there'll be no more cheap flights!

11. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Well, it's been going on all this year...

12. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

I assume it hasn't been immediately rectified because Qantas isn't the one who would be actually taking the hit, rather it would be governments.

13. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I used to know an octogenarian psychoanalyst who was amongst other things a C&W fiend. He used to play guitar and sing Achy Breaky Heart as a way to relax between consultations. Sadly he's gone west. Quite a dapper dresser as well.

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

lachy

Good work. That feels to me as if it could have some blowback or bite you (anyone) on the bum. Its hard to imagine Qantas would let that slide by?

I book with an agent who works from home. Always gets as good or better price than anywhere online and good service if anything has to be changed. I wouldn't do it myself online if it involved anything but standard routes and changeovers.

In addition the agent has 80% of the time been able to come back prior to flight with a sales price that is much cheaper. That is the agent books in advance for say $1600 to Taiwan then a couple of months later - finds out in advance - agents get notified early - of special deals etc - the agent then books the same flights at lower price, say $1200, and cancels old tickets.

edit:: I also must congratulate you on sending the GF to London while you go to Philippines. Good work. Has she twigged yet? Do you just get off in Manila and wave good bye?

15. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

I wonder if an alternative is to use a private network to use a Brazilian IP address to access expedia?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.