1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

1) KB suits seem to be slimmer fitting, though not in the Joe Black mode. Grey and navy only. Flat front pants. Don't know anything about construction etc.

2) de Bruyn can FOAD.

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

1) I'd settle with mid-grey and soft, narrow shoulders please. [​IMG]

2) +1000000000. Protectionist shit that doesn't protect shit.

3. elvish

elvish Senior member

Thanks for the tips. I'll try typo and failing that go to toffee.

4. jessis

jessis Senior member

May swing past today, if so I'll report back on what I find.

Re Nialma and TM fabrics it is a go for 4 for $450. However be advised this is an introductory offer, after which all TM shirts are $150USD which makes it what? around $50AUD these days?

That is good news re: TM fabrics. I am pretty sure that the 4 for $450 is available all the time - I am hoping anyway as I am about to contact Stuart for another batch...hmmm

5. Tano

Tano Senior member

Found out today from my tailor that Parker and Co are selling kiton suits for 13k. Would it be cheaper to grab a first class ticket to the US and pick one up?

I wouldn't be surprised if there old stock from past seasons

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

Manstyle - The Dandy and the Peacock

RN ABC Artworks Program on the Manstyle Exhibition now at NGV

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/artworks/st...11/3209462.htm

7. Tano

Tano Senior member

Found out today from my tailor that Parker and Co are selling kiton suits for 13k. Would it be cheaper to grab a first class ticket to the US and pick one up?

8. lennier

lennier Senior member

No. Business class, maybe.

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The hell?!! At that price it needs to be some special edition with threads used to sew it up being made from the pubes of young virgins or at the very least guanaco.

And they actually get business? You'd assume people who know Kiton also know how much they should cost and those who dress in Kiton be going around enough to have picked them up anywhere else.

10. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Manstyle - The Dandy and the Peacock

RN ABC Artworks Program on the Manstyle Exhibition now at NGV

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/artworks/st...11/3209462.htm

Are you Dandy or Peacock fxh?

I'm proudly peacock. Rockin' pantaloons as we speak.

11. Tano

Tano Senior member

Reminds me of the tourist mocking the David jones sales assistant about a 3k Versace?(some crummy brand) suit made in china. He stated he it would be cheaper to fly home and pick up a better quality suit. The sales assistant smirked and told him it would cost even more with the price of the ticket. He looked back at him and said atleast it's not made in china.

12. blahman

blahman Senior member

Reminds me of the tourist mocking the David jones sales assistant about a 3k Versace?(some crummy brand) suit made in china. He stated he it would be cheaper to fly home and pick up a better quality suit. The sales assistant smirked and told him it would cost even more with the price of the ticket. He looked back at him and said atleast it's not made in china.

[​IMG]

13. Bone19

Bone19 Member

Hi guys,

ive been a long time reader and have finally got round to posting for the first time.
    i have been reccomended to go and see Domenic Carbone in Melbourne for a suit.

does anyone have any opinions on Demenics work?

Thanks

14. yoshii

yoshii Senior member

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

Are you Dandy or Peacock fxh?

I'm proudly peacock. Rockin' pantaloons as we speak.

Used to be at least part peacock when a callow youth - I just found one of my pair of light blue and dark blue spectators in the shed, brogued, with 3 inch heels. I seem to have misplaced the bright red velvet flared hipsters I used to pair them with.

The radio program highlights the weaknesses of the exhibition - in that it focuses on the clothes as "art" not as wearable objects, or, as I would have preferred, on the evolution of mens clothing.

Still the exhibition has some great "live" examples of french clothing (plus some military uniforms) just before and during, the change to, English look and influence.

16. fxh

fxh Senior member

Seems there's a free "talk" at Manstyle @ NGV on this wednesday (11.05)
    http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/whats-on/p...nstyle-dandies

Thanks for that Yoshii - at least he seems to be focusing on the evolution of the suit from the short notes. I think I'm in the CBD on Wednesday - might pop along if there is time.

I think its 12.30 @Potter Fed Square - too not 11.05

17. ned kelly

ned kelly Active Member

Dominic Carbone is in East Brunswick. Adriano Carbone works in the Block Arcade in the CBD. Adriano has been discussed on Style Forum. I just point this out in case you Googled the surname. I have not been a customer of either tailor.

18. blahman

blahman Senior member

What's this dandy/peacock business? Definitions please.

19. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior member

What are the prices like? And are smaller (more likely smallest [​IMG]) sizes available? Being the cheapskate I am, I need me some bargains to entice me to buy anything. [​IMG] No friggin wonder my wardrobe is growing so slowly.
    I got some trousers there which are identical to incotex at $60.

20. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.