• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just blew 45minutes... far out

I must say the japanese have it right with the almond toe/chiselled instep .. ive always preferred a round toe to a square toe

I've sorta been in-between - but those Japanese round toes... My word.

Yeah, certainly danger danger Will Robinson. The falling yen DOES NOT HELP.

Unless the yen falls by about another 600%, the prices will remain a limiting factor.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep a broken shoulder will do it! I think it's not looking so good mostly due to the light shining right on it, making all the creases and wrinkles stand out more than in real life. Anyway I will have a new Aquascutum DB suit ready next week which I'll post up some pics of as well.

Anyway, I've had a sick family all week (including me now) so thi is my first chance at a fit pic

Burgundy Thursday's.....

Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Burgundy Floral 7 Fold
Shoes: Carmina derbies
Lovely tie that.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ****** goatskin bag has been falling apart. Not having the money for a decent leather one I ended up looking at some canvas bags.

Was after this country road one:

Unfortunately I couldn't end up tracking one down, so I went with this instead:

Reasonably happy with the compromise.

(btw: if any of you lot know where I can get that bag/a bag like the first let me know. I can change my order to the cardi)

Also, I picked up this for $10 from the online outlet. Just a heads up for anyone else hunting for one, they also come in light grey and navy.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oli, the second bag actually looks more practical than the first one, as the second bag should unclip pretty quickly, whereas the straps on the first bag would require a bit of fidding around.

Having said that, you should have ordered a Filson 256 or 257 - they're great bags that will last for many, many years.

Alternatively, you could have a look at the range of Abingdon bags available from J Crew in the US (I think that they may now ship to Australia) - click here for their range of bags and scroll down to the Abingdon section.

Also, I've known a few people who have repurposed a classic fishing bag as a general utility bag - have a look at Brady Bags in the UK as an example (actually, RL Purple Label had a great adaptation of the Brady angler's bag a couple of years back).

iSurg

Reaction score
Watching the Liberace HBO movie. Good acting by Michael Douglas. Damon is just being Damon, lol. Rob Lowe is great as well.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started to read Mod A Very British Style by Richard Weight. From a sartorial point of view I had problems last night putting it down. Highly entertaining and recommended.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nabil and I just caught up with Andrew of 3Sixteen for a drink while he was in town. Great guy. Love his jeans. Ive got a whiskey glow happening... lol

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just started to read Mod A Very British Style by Richard Weight. From a sartorial point of view I had problems last night putting it down. Highly entertaining and recommended.

I've nearly finished Geoff Dyer - The Colour of Memory - set in Brixton and Thatcher's lost generation in the 80s.

Paints a great urban landscape literally, literary and sociologically and psychologically if you are interested for an insight into that era.

hasnostyle

Reaction score
On the subject of books. Are there books anyone can recommend that go through the basics of colour combinations, clothing types, styles etc that would be a good beginners guide to male fashion? Particularly if there is an emphasis on suits and/or formal and business wear.

Last edited:

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Just keep reading sf. Won't help your wallet though.

Speaking of which- just received my latest. Carmina whole cut in midnight navy. Pics later.

hasnostyle

Reaction score
Just keep reading sf. Won't help your wallet though.

Speaking of which- just received my latest. Carmina whole cut in midnight navy. Pics later.
Yeah i was afraid that was going to be the answer. I like SF, its hard to read through so much information and put it all together though
I not aiming to be the most fashionable person out there, i just dont want to look ridiculous in the clothes i wear :)

Last edited:

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Take everything you read with a grain of salt. The waywrn thread is good fr looking at combos. I normally just find looks that I like and try and replicate them to some degree with my own style.

Don't take it all too seriously though. The aus thread is good for that without getting snarky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads