1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Waiting for the Leather Soul Cyber Monday sale, if the rumours are true

2. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Thanks bro, me too.

1 person likes this.
  3. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Ooh, what is this scuttlebutt?

4. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

I swear I read a comment on their site somewhere that while the Black Friday sale was in store only, there were plans for some Internet offers on Monday. Presumably the dregs of the last pair sale at further reduced prices. Just have to cross my finger and pray no one snaffled those cleverleys I've been saving for...

1 person likes this.
  5. crappbag

crappbag Senior member

Thanks for letting me know

6. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

The majority (95%+) of the members in the Aussie thread have a university degree, or are soon to have one.

That's a telling demographic.

Then again, everyone has a degree in this day and age.

7. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

----

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  8. crappbag

crappbag Senior member

I think it's a fairly logical leap to assume the majority of posters on this thread would be white collar professionals/entrepreneurs or involved in the fashion industry.

My interest was if there was a trend where one profession had a disproportionate representation over another and why that may be the case? I would assume most people in this thread fall into the lawyer/finance/IB/mgmtconsultant type category, that is pure speculation though.

1 person likes this.
  9. aKula

aKula Senior member

[​IMG]

Head of the Gods #Menswear. Note bear fur coat, solid stick in ash (no umbrella), tie clip, and entourage of fan carrying chorus girls. One of course needs a certain stature to pull it all off.

10. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I'm studying computer science would eventually like to get into some research job. My ideal job would be to work for a FOSS company, such as Mozzila, but living in the states doesn't really interest me. I'd love to live in Japan.

1 person likes this.
  11. aKula

aKula Senior member

I like free software, I use linux exclusively now (apart for the tax return - thanks ato). More compatibility with science software too - theoretical physics student here.

12. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I don't. I never wanted to go to uni, just to work.

1 person likes this.
  13. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Are you ( or Jason) planning on setting this up? Otherwise I'm happy to do so myself.

14. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

No, not really. Your / our small community of privileged individuals are fortunate enough to have a university education and be in a position to speak at length about / consume unnecessary luxuries.

You've removed your post, but I had absolutely no idea of what the 'sprezzatura' comment meant.

15. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

I was making a remark about the increased number of students going on to university from high school. Where maybe 20% of high school graduates went onto university, I think the statistic is something up around 30-40% now.

I removed my post - it was a terrible, terrible joke. I'll step aside and leave that stuff to you.

16. iSurg

iSurg Senior member

MS, just cuz you remove you posts doesn't make you as cool as vox.

TBM demonstrates true next level sprezz.

1 person likes this.
  17. Lowly Public Servant

Lowly Public Servant Well-Known Member

I don't have one either but I do think people like myself are in the minority on this forum....or at at least in this particular section of the forum.

18. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

So I've cleaned out my wardrobe of my old suits that no longer fit, I've given some to goodwill and theres a couple i'd like to store, will they be fine stored in a box?

I was about to venture down to the new MJ Bale store and see if I could find another suit but at this point I have 5 suits in my rotation that fit great and I am happy with, I think thats a good base to work with so probably time to move up to deerstyle, SS, or PJ for the next one :) I think I just need another navy or blue similar to the colour kayhills been showing off with his digs and a double breasted of some kind and ill be set. That won't include any pinstripes though...is a pinstripe suit essential?

19. Romp

Romp Senior member

Nah I dont think a pin is essential - depends on your own style/wardrobe ultimately but plains are the best place to start.

Kayhills I believe was a wool/linen.

20. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Pinstripes not essential. Good pins, though, are essential ;)

I have been one upped times a thousand. A friend of mine was at the Myer Awards last night and was able to snap an excellent photo with Jennifer Hawkins. I hope it aids his donations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.