1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

TFP, I think that he understood that part - he highlighted the following part in bold, so I suspect that he was unsure what you meant:

2. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

3. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

can't be of too much help, I'm afraid - haven't been there before.

But.

Not quite in the vicinity, but a 15-min walk away is Workshop Espresso (at Galleries Victoria) - they're a good option, too.

4. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

I'm looking for a couple of places in Melbourne CBD where they sell good shoe care products, excluding Double Monk and Beggar Man Thief - any suggestions?

The reason behind this is the Amex promotion, spend $20 in a small business and they give you $10 credit (work up to 5 times at different stores) - thought I might buy bits and pieces during lunch today. Random suggestions are always warmly welcomed too [​IMG]

5. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Geez you must have got lost... that place is pretty hard to find...

Really more of a bar I think than a coffee shop - not saying they don't make a good brew but I've never tried it. Idea is to have a few drinks after work and then buy some shirts you don't need...

+1 to nabil's suggestion Workshop espresso near the Hilton, though it's not that close to Shirt Bar. Don't know if the attractive German girl is still working the till...

Central Baking Depot make a good coffee (and bread, pie, cake) and they are around the same neck of the woods as Shirt Bar I think.

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

It was a very good night. Coxy's fit was fine.

Thanks for organising it, Pink Socks! I think it was a really good night!

7. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Last night was ace! Thanks to Pink Socks.

Todays Fit

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Shirt
    John Smedley Marcus Crew Neck
    Acne Wall St Trousers
    Common Project Achilles Sneakers

1 person likes this.
  8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

9. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Speaking of which, are you going to post a mo selfie tomorrow, for the end of Movember? I want to torture my son's self-esteem with it.

10. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Yes, good night, thanks for coming chaps. Think you covered everyone Coxy, CHECKstar turned up later on (drunk enough to think anyone carrying an umbrella was Style Forum member).

Coxy arrived wearing a hat in a rakish Roger Sterling manner (sorry we did not get a chance to get catch up much, hope you found the buttons you were looking for).

ISurg had a very nice shirt too - I didn't get a chance to get details on the fabric - some of formal light denim (god that sound awful, it looked great).

For some reason, Gerry, Foxy, fxh and appolyon thought it was some sort of Used Car Dealers Anon meeting so there was no need to wear a tie....must enforce a stricter dress code next time (if only to help Jas with Henry Carter sales).

Other than that plenty of laughs all round.

Next time - Foxy and fxh in the Sexy Ankles fit off...we can get David Bowie to judge - "It's a fit off!".

11. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Good to hear it went well. I need to start some planning but all going well we will be having the second annual trunk show back at Ludlows around April next year which will be a good time for an Aussie members meet up (and Foxy the drinks are on us that night!).

2 people like this.
  12. fxh

fxh Senior member

Yes we nearly lost checky to another mob of strange men. We were all suitably insulted. Still not sure if he recognised any of us after a few hours. A warning on the dangers of drink.

TBM, I must say I did my best to stop it, but some of the more immature members were making tasteless "jokes" re moustaches, cricket bats, not being there etc.

13. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Oh yeah, did you enjoy having a bat last night?

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

Yes, and following Pinkie's weak shot about no ties, some of us did dress appropriately for the weather and like normal people.

15. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Haha...I believe the #menswear crowd call it next level...haha....

(PS it was more of a weak joke than a weak shot....as you saw last night I have plenty of weak jokes).

16. aKula

aKula Senior member

Catch you guys next time. I'm busy this week watching the ring cycle and forgot about the meet up.

17. crappbag

crappbag Senior member

I'm not aware if this discussion has been raised before, but I'm interested to know what professions/occupations are represented in this thread.

Call it a professional curiosity, I'm an organisational psychologist. I work in talent management/HR consulting.

18. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Less ring cycle and more Ring Jacket.

2 people like this.
  19. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Gold, Gerry. Gold.

Was a great night out. Thanks for organising PS.

20. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

fxh was a pox doctor's assistant, but not sure what he's up to now. Pink Socks was the 'ndrangheta's man in Edinburgh before he went into witness protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.