1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Is anyone watching Q&A?

2. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Kayhill-Deep dark for me [​IMG]if you're gonna wear it for a while (few years) but if it's for summer and in chambray or something I'd agree with TBM. Are we talking shirt/jacket (lee etc.) or shirt?

3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Jimmy Hoffa/Michael Sy. Ya alright I don't hate ya don't worry but for serious. Gotta stop liking all the comments. Gotta pick a side son.

1 person likes this.
  4. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Just a shirt. It's not chambray so it probably won't have that lustre to it.

5. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Your opinion isn't wanted, buzz off.

Heavyweight actually. Could never get to light heavyweight much to my coaches' dismay.

1 person likes this.
  6. CoffeeDudeGuy

CoffeeDudeGuy Senior member

Indigo

[​IMG]

Crystal Head vodka is not bad.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Fetch me a Vodka Lime Soda please.

8. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Tough call today. I decided to chuck my beloved Santoni FAM black single monks. These were, I think, only my second "informed" shoe purchase, and I was terrified of buying something that had buckles instead of laces. That was eight years ago, and they've served me very well. Now, the Topy needs replacing, as do the heels, there are worn patches inside the heel cups and the stitching is coming apart. All repairable, but they have just reached the point where it makes more sense to save up and buy new shoes.

9. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Grow a pair, this is a public forum. Talk shit then be prepared to cop shit.

2 people like this.
  10. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Talk shit post fit.

6 people like this.
  11. meister

meister Senior member

This mini Tornado happened on the harbour side of my suburb. Eerie!

12. meister

meister Senior member

I would spend the money CD. They are a great shoe and probably feel like slippers now. The whole repair would be change out of $70. Not chuckable IMO. I have a guy in Sydney who can do the job if you want. 37 year old trained Italian background cobbler/shoemaker.

13. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Look pissant, as some inner-city mouthbreather who doesn't go to court, run his own practice or open his own client files your opinion is mute.

It is especially ironic coming from you, Rain Man, who spits out abuse in between savant rants on cloth minutiae.

So unless you're willing to come out about your extensive family law practice, keep to tediously bitching about alterations.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Give it a rest fellas....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    5 people like this.
  15. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Does anyone have any idea where I could look for casual shirts (a bit shorter, meant to be worn untucked, smaller collars that aren't designed to be worn with a tie) - want to grab a few and the OS options are good, but expensive - wondering if there's a decent option locally (Ben Sherman I've used before, but the material quality is incredibly hit and miss, some shirts are still holding up well, some feel like cavas).

16. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Agreed. Maybe you chaps could PM each other (just copy in thebrownman and iSurg so they can keep tabs).

Nice to see some sun in Melbourne. Good chance to wear my new unlined PJ suit yesterday. Met up with Calfornia Dreamer for coffee but still no closer to knowing his op shop secrets.

Today I am going to wear my Drakes shantung tie (after talking about it at the weekend) with a white shirt (which with my sunburn reminds me of one of the most interesting "menswear" articles I have ever read - http://putthison.com/post/11280576185/my-fathers-fashion-tips-i-have-a-sense-of) and my new patched PJ suit (which I unlike tore in the elbow).

Quite happy with the fix though.

http://instagram.com/p/grreZRKm5I/
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Gant Rugger (on sale).

18. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Whatever you are, here I am 10 hours later, still waiting for someone to land a punch. There's more action in the terraces at the moment. C'mon guys, open your hearts and let the hate out!

4 people like this.
  19. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

The good blokes over at the Versatile Gent have just put up an article about Henry Carter HERE. If you haven't heard of TVG and you like nice cars, watches, art and of course clothes then you'd do well to like their facebook page.

5 people like this.
  20. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Sporting linen today. Also took delivery last night of a nice 60/40 linen cotton Barba shirt.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.