1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I remember making my biggest internet typo when talking about getting my shirts measured while shitting sitting. I spend most of my day sitting down, and when I'm meeting people and discussing things, I'm usually seated across from them.

That's when I need to be most comfortable.

I don't care that there's a little blousing when I'm standing. Nothing a little military tuck cannot solve.

I also am not a fan of darts on my shirts but because I have an 'empty' back, they are necessary.

I don't have an accurate picture to show you guys what i mean - my first batch of AC shirts are too big now. But here are some that could hopefully give you an idea:

AC (first batch, early 2012)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PJ (late 2012)

[​IMG]

2. stormin1

stormin1 Well-Known Member

I have a navy peak lapel suit from them, and I was happy with it. Hopefully you are too.

Also, I have a pair of romaleos that I've had for over a year now, and use them 4 or 5 times a week. Don't look after them at all and they've held up well. I think they're more suitable for wide feet than adidas boots - at least that's what I've been told.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  3. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Finally took the plunge on my wedding suiting and used it as an excuse for my first P Johnson commission. Met with Tom last night and it was quit an experience. Those guys seem to really know their stuff. Still a little nervous about how it's going to turn out given then fabric I wanted wasn't actually there to see, and I was so overwhelmed by the number of options I pretty much let him guide me to some pretty 'interesting' options. That said I don't think I've seen a single suit on their tumblr that hasn't looked awesome so I think I'll be safe. I've heard people say on here not to just go in and rely on your tailor for all the decisions but hopefully that doesn't include these mad geniuses.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Congratulations! I think you're very safe with Tom's guidance. This might even lead to more than one suit - it always starts with the first [​IMG]

5. Gerry Nelson

Sounds like a very versatile suit that I'm sure will look great and will serve you well for a long time after the wedding.

6. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Yes, I agree with Gerry. I was looking for a particular micro check blue poplin shirt and Tom said he knew just the fabric but did not have a swatch to show me. Based on previous experience I trusted him and, what do you know, it is a great shirt, exactly what I wanted.

A good relationship with your tailor is a wonderful thing. They should be able to tell what to avoid (even if you thought you wanted it) as well as advising what to get.

My new brown PJ suit is great. It is my first unstructured suit from them. I really like how light and comfortable it is.

In other news, my Carmina String Loafers are on the way...something to look forward to early next week.

7. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Hmmm. Knew there was something I forgot to ask about. I'd assume mines not unstructured since never mention. Are all their suits full canvas?
    What line do you guys usually go for? The classic, Roma or Napoli?

8. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

All PJ stuff is fully canvassed (to my knowledge - think Romp clarified this a few days ago).

I have just gone the standard (presumably the Classic) for my 3 suits.

9. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Best value, most durable and long lasting medium thickness dress socks around the $10-15 mark?

Pantherella, Smart Wool, Gold Toe? Wool, cashmere, cotton, blends? Different for summer and winter?

Tried searching but all of Pink Socks posts show up instead. Educate me.

10. Romp

Romp Senior member

It looks too tight in the waist. Try sitting down and you need more room. Plus being Italian he probably tucked his shirt into his jocks.

Either fully canvassed or uncanvassed (unstructured)

There are now two canvas options too. A new light canvas which is our new standard and our previous canvas.

Ps anyone see the Herringbone claim on Facebook that Crockett and Jones are exclusive to them in Australia? Fairly uninformed/misleading

11. Gerry Nelson

They wrote this: "Available in-store and online exclusively in Australia from Herringbone."

Where else can you currently get C&J online in Australia?

12. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Well, if you're talking online whether or not it is in Australia is kind of academic...

13. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Yeah.

No online store no care DM.

14. Gerry Nelson

If the price were the same from Pediwear and Herringbone, I would prefer to buy from the Australian site given the cost of shipping and returns.

15. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Plus statutory warranty and GST....

ps Hey Gerry, whaddya think of navy shell dubmonks?

16. Gerry Nelson

Sounds cool and these look nice [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Liber

Liber Senior member

going to have to disagree here. Ex aircraft maintenance engineer over here. I fix everything I own, fridges, cars, tv's, hell even computers. All at the tender age of 23. Also stripped and built a few cars...

18. Liber

Liber Senior member

*Now I just focus on building my wardrobe instead of cars... I don't know what's cheaper.

19. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I'm the same. I fix everything that goes wrong around the house with one simple tool - my credit card.

5 people like this.
  20. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Just waiting until Carmina starts making double monk boots in navy shell. Also curious to see how the patina develops on navy shells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.