• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
we have some "promo" ones ill start posting next week

actual customer suits from the first round of fittings in melb will arrive 1st/2nd week of May and ill get some pics together too

Awesome man, I'm looking forward to them.

Getting awfully frustrating trying to find that 'just right' shade of charcoal in a cut and style I like, OTR, that won't cost a fortune. I'm hoping you'll be able to alleviate this!

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
wow that grey jacket from Herringbone looks terrible

How so Romp? My intuition must be way off the mark, l thought it looked gold.

lennier

Reaction score

Lol, I think I had something very like that in the last 70s, reversible waistcoat and contrast second pair of pants. I still have one suit from that era I kept for fancy dress parties (not that I have any hope of getting in to it as I was a stick then) but sadly not that particular one.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How so Romp? My intuition must be way off the mark, l thought it looked gold.
im only gauging from the photo but it looks flat, stiff and lifeless imo. Perhaps a bad shot but im sure you can find something with more life

iSurg

Reaction score

I need to learn those tricks.

I ordered a pair of glasses with an ultra high index but always felt uncomfortable due to what I now know is the chromatic aberration.

Tricks include decreasing the lens width and the lens size, mainly, so the frame width and style is important to get right. The discomfort you've had could be due to over correction. I was over corrected close to -2 dioptres and didn't realise I had a headache from ciliary muscle constant contraction. Important to get a cyclopegic refraction.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
I think it's poor product photography. Same with the rest of the stuff on the HB site. Nothing "pops". Also the buttons look plastic-y.

im only gauging from the photo but it looks flat, stiff and lifeless imo. Perhaps a bad shot but im sure you can find something with more life

I can gather where you are both coming from. HB really do need to bolster their online presence and advertising IMO.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think it's poor product photography. Same with the rest of the stuff on the HB site. Nothing "pops". Also the buttons look plastic-y.
yeah .. go into the shop and try it on for us DB!

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
yeah .. go into the shop and try it on for us DB!

Then it really would look flat, stiff and lifeless, but hell why not! Do l have to wear something under it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads