1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Uniqlo, Under Armour and ExOfficio are my favourites.

1 person likes this.
  2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Pretty happy with bonds and target myself. Am I alone?

6 people like this.
  3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Nope. I rock bonds. Guess there just aren't many big men in this thread.

Realising I'm a smaller shoe size than I thought has had a severe impact on my confidence.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. sliq

sliq Senior member

you have too many insecurities, Foxhound.

3 people like this.
  5. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Rivers, believe it or not [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. fxh

fxh Senior member

Second drawer down from top on left in the cupboard.

6 people like this.
  7. herringbonePete

herringbonePete Senior member

I can't underline this enough. Ten years ago I found a site which claimed to have you cooking restaurant style curry in hours - and sure enough - the secret is onions, loads of them. Loads of garlic and ginger too, and not so much spices after all.

Kathmandu - basically mark up your RRP and have constant sales...a shame about Snowgum : I bought some Merino outdoor stuff there years ago from an outlet on Dandenong Road.

The best Equus had one Jenny Agutter in it!

I ducked in there on the way from K's and did not see as much stock as I would like to have seen. Drake's knits/grenadines for AUS195. Beautiful!
    I've been getting by with a '6' pack from Woolies...by Rio..infact...

8. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Bonds,Macpherson Men and various brands of boxers.

9. JayH

JayH Senior member

Peter Alexander. Best pictures you can get.

10. fxh

fxh Senior member

Hey - you know me.

I was having a coffee and a Melting Moment, looked down at home/beater DBs and saw they were filthy. I slipped them off, took out laces, went into sink, ran hot water tap, wet DBs thoroughly, found some supermart liquid hand soap, rubbed it into DBs, lather up, wet some more, got old nail brush, scrubbed a bit, rinsed off lather, rinsed a bit more. Shook them dry, stuffed them full of old newspaper, placed on floor,grabbed another Melting Moment. Chest swelled with pride. Job well done. Replaced damp paper after 24 hours - forgot about it for a day - took out paper, inserted laces, plonked on feet. Had another coffee - searched for Melting Moments - all gone.

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

As long as the jeans are torn and worn with black shiney pointy turned up shoes then you are spot on for the demographic bro

1 person likes this.
  12. fxh

fxh Senior member

]

1 person likes this.
  13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I've never understood why men buy different brands and styles of underwear. Surely once you find something you like, you stick with it?

So for my part I own about 15 of these http://www.jockeyaustralia.com.au/catalogue.asp?gender=m&categoryid=212&productid=821

They look and feel like skins. Ridiculously comfortable. And they're great for sport which I play a lot of.They're probably too long for most people's tastes, but I have big thighs that chafe with anything much shorter.

Yes, in terms of style they're somewhat lacking :embar:

14. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

I always get them in sales, particularly when back in Scotland around Boxing (boxers) Day sales. Must stock up again this year.

Fxh - I was quite impressed with your work. I have some bicycle oil on one of my Kimber boots so need to put some elbow grease in.

By the way, check out the Henry Carter thread...I think the discussion on high rise trousers will warm your heart.

1 person likes this.
  15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Today - Corduroy because it's still not spring yet!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The tie is the purple knit from Henry Carter

4 people like this.
  16. fxh

fxh Senior member

[quote name = meister] Provenance?[/quote]

Donated by an admirer. I've 4 all up - so far.{wink}
    They are the heaviest (I had to put the trailer on the car to get them home) , widest I've ever seen - the collar bit has a huge curve and height. Dovetail jointing in middle. They are Made in Italy - I couldn't read the company name properly but its initials are FR. Its carved (probably stamped/burnt) in in very small letters. I'll take them outside one day and read the name.

17. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Thank you for the encouraging feedback. I don't dare go back and look at my old stuff, although I probably should.

American Tailors are open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-4pm, closed Sunday. I'm sure they will have some interesting stuff at full price.

18. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Any recommendations on where to go for breakfast round prahran/windsor while I wait Woottens to open?

19. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Revs.

20. fxh

fxh Senior member

I don't think I'd use my method of "care" on anything too nice. Although its pretty amazing what you can do to suede.

Oil on suede is another problem depending how much its been absorbed. The problem is also that you have to wet the whole shoe surface other wise it doesn't look evenly coloured etc. I'd usually look up my fav cleaning person Shannon Lush in one of her books. Oil spots, BBQs or cooking, or some dick dropping their mayonnaise on them is a good reason to use a spray on protector. Stops oil soaking in. Water by itself isn't a big problem with suede - oil is. The reason to lather up with soap - ideally on good stuff I use Baby Shampoo - is to get lather to wash out dirt and grit when you rinse it off each time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.