1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Agreed up to a point. Need generally isn't the defining purchase criterion of the watch enthusiast. But as with shoes, I do find that I have a practical limit in terms of total numbers - I don't own more than I can reasonably wear. Now, 'reasonably' is not an inflexible concept here [​IMG] but I don't move into the field of "collecting" per se, when it comes to either watches or shoes. I certainly have more of both than someone whose purchases are defined by purely utilitarian needs, but I'd never own 50 quality watches or a hundred pairs of quality shoes even if I could comfortably afford to do so. Because if I'm not wearing them at least somewhat regularly, I'm not enjoying them.

I'm not knocking collecting either - I collect other things - just not these things.

2. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

These.

[​IMG]

3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Moscot widely available good range of frames, high quality product. Thinking of getting them as everyday optical wear, BP very stylish quality product, haven't seen any C&G

4. Superfudge

Superfudge Well-Known Member

It's the cotten-linen blend. I think it's Ariston.

5. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

So much homo.

1 person likes this.
  6. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Japanese lifestyle brand MUJI opens its first store in Australia

International brand MUJI will open its first Australian store at Chadstone Shopping Centre, Melbourne on 26 November 2013.

MUJI is a Japanese brand offering a wide range of household and consumer goods. Ranges include men’s, women’s and children’s apparel and accessories, furniture, homewares, skincare products, stationary, bedding and travel goods.

The MUJI store will be located on the Lower Level of the centre, near the Dandenong Road entry. The new store covers 356.35m2 and offers more than 2500 different items.

MUJI is derived from its Japanese name, ‘Mujirushi Ryohin’, which means ‘no label quality goods,’ and the brand is characterized by its design simplicity and eco friendly minimal packaging.

1 person likes this.
  7. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^Saw this yesterday, hope we get some good stuff here; I think Nabil had a great Field Jacket from them uniqlo! About to buy the TCNY but if it's cheap and good quality will definitely grab one from Muji aswell!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  8. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

They had a stand at the Melbourne Menswear fashion week but I never checked it out. Thought it was a candle / incense store.

9. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Sorry, but that is not an M65.

This is an M65.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Maybe it was a mistake. I once had one shoe (not the complete pair) misappropriated. It turned up 3 days later.

I stand corrected if the shoes were in a locker.
    Those who need sizing help, this was very helpful: http://www.styleforum.net/t/291006/the-official-carmina-sizing-thread/0_100
    +1 on Cutler and Gross. They just.. feel right.

[​IMG]

One from a father to his son, to eventually pass on to your son.

The other is from a son to his father, for being the father he is to his son.

11. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Apparently they were in shoe trees (don't ask why he took shoe trees to the gym)...

12. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Tomaytoes, tomahtoes.

If we're getting technical, the navy one is: "an M-65 from Muji".

Neither of you are mistaken.

13. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

That's the real #menswear monster spawning haha

14. The Ernesto

Was really just trying to wind Gerry up.

15. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Because is not a heathen.

Yes, or contact her from the first time via the Carmina website. The advice Gerry gave me, which works - is to keep your enquiry short and direct. They do not answer long email or difficult questions - whether this is a language issue or just they are too busy I am not sure.

So if you have multiple questions, maybe ask them one at a time and be very clear and simple. Betty usually answers very quickly that way.

16. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Best sport on SF. Though do not push him too far...I know he already owes a M65, if he turns up with a mohawk and a taxi licence I will let you know....

"Are you PMing me? Are you PMing me? Then who the hell else are you PMing... you PMing to me? Well I'm the only one in the To box. Who the fuck do you think you're PMing to?"

2 people like this.
  17. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

[​IMG]

18. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Haha Classic.... Maybe Travis Bickle wore pink socks....

19. The Ernesto

:rotflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.