• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I shave it hourly. It tends to grow back within 15 minutes.

I use the Somersets Shave Oil in place of cream or gel.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I shave it hourly. It tends to grow back within 15 minutes.

I use the Somersets Shave Oil in place of cream or gel.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here - how often do you shave the neck area and top area when at work?

Im using Neutrogena Sensitive shaving cream, was on sale. Thought i would give it a try, i am pretty happy with it. Moving forward definitely need to keep with the Gels as I've accidentally shaved too short on the beard when using the cream..

Also my GF also got me some Lab-Series moisturiser (non-oil), pretty happy with it since i get oily skin.

I shave my upper cheeks and my neckline every weekday, and usually shave once on weekends.

I tend to trim my actual beard once every 3-4 weeks, but I do trim the moustache area more frequently.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
So I am seriously thinking of picking up the new Herringbone trench coat - anybody know how it fits and can anybody put up an argument to talk me out of it?
I'll try and talk you into it... I mentioned a few days ago I was surprised at how nice that coat was. Overpriced at $700 but not too bad at $525. I'd seriously consider it myself if I didn't already have a trench coat.

I have to wonder though why HB are having a sale on stuff that only came into store a couple of weeks ago...

I tried it on last night... unfortunately Melbourne store had no 40's in stock. The 38 surprisingly did fit reasonably well. The only thing I am a little concerned about is the length, as it is shorter then what I would call the 'traditional length'. My dad has an old London Fog trench coat that he wore for about 20 years (when I was a kid I used to call it his 'Inspector Gadget Jacket' or 'Detective Jacket'), which was knee length - I recently tried it on in an attempt to reclaim it, but damn the 80's/90's bulkiness was a deal killer (a clear one or two sizes too large!).

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was this from the new store on Collins Street? I have a client literally across the road but haven't found time to go for a turn in there yet.

Grant

No, I ordered it before I saw the new shop on Collins. I stopped in there the other day though--worth a visit. Kind of 'solid if unspectacular'.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried it on last night... unfortunately Melbourne store had no 40's in stock. The 38 surprisingly did fit reasonably well. The only thing I am a little concerned about is the length, as it is shorter then what I would call the 'traditional length'. My dad has an old London Fog trench coat that he wore for about 20 years (when I was a kid I used to call it his 'Inspector Gadget Jacket' or 'Detective Jacket'), which was knee length - I recently tried it on in an attempt to reclaim it, but damn the 80's/90's bulkiness was a deal killer (a clear one or two sizes too large!).

I have one of these. Knee length in navy. Is (outrageously in my opinion) referred to by some uncouth people as the 'dirty old man' jacket.

Robert Meredith

Reaction score
Thought you guys might find this funny... this is an email I just sent to the guy I got a MTM suit from a little while ago:

Quote:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have one of these. Knee length in navy. Is (outrageously in my opinion) referred to by some uncouth people as the 'dirty old man' jacket.

This might say more about you than the jacket though.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought you guys might find this funny... this is an email I just sent to the guy I got a MTM suit from a little while ago:

RM,

It sounds as though you had a very good evening - I just hope that the hangover the next day wasn't too bad!

Hopefully, there will still be some stock of the fabric available and you'll be able to get another pair of trousers made up.

By the way, I liked your photo of the bar jacket etc the other day and I hope that you do very well at the Tasmanian bar.

Robert Meredith

Reaction score
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I spent most of Sunday just trying to avoid bright lights.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have some of the fabric left.

I'm just nearing the end of my pupillage now (they brought in a 2 year pupillage in 2010/11 for new young barristers), it's going well so far!

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you reckon for today's version of the uniform?
Jacket: PJ Shirt: R&B Tie: Henry Carter PS:E. Marinella Trousers: Benjamin
Shoes:C&J
If you're wearing paisley today to gain my approval you've succeeded ;-) I think this is a well balanced outfit in terms of texture; the PS adds some interest without overpowering the rest of your look. The jacket looks like dark grey on my screen but I'm assuming it's navy?
Yes, if you are a 40 I would probably look for a 40 rather than go for the 38... They are meant to be a little loose, but also the size up might give you some extra length as well. I don't see much practical difference in rain protection between knee length or thigh length - both are "3/4 length" and for most situations will be ample. The bottom of your trousers will get wet with anything short of a full length coat and gaiters if the weather gets bad enough. That's not a very stylish look though obviously; it's all about finding a balance between looking good and keeping dry. Also, longer trench coats can be awkward on public transport etc. as when you sit down all of a sudden you resemble the speigeltent.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you're wearing paisley today to gain my approval you've succeeded ;-) I think this is a well balanced outfit in terms of texture; the PS adds some interest without overpowering the rest of your look. The jacket looks like dark grey on my screen but I'm assuming it's navy?
Yes, if you are a 40 I would probably look for a 40 rather than go for the 38... They are meant to be a little loose, but also the size up might give you some extra length as well.

I don't see much practical difference in rain protection between knee length or thigh length - both are "3/4 length" and for most situations will be ample. The bottom of your trousers will get wet with anything short of a full length coat and gaiters if the weather gets bad enough. That's not a very stylish look though obviously; it's all about finding a balance between looking good and keeping dry. Also, longer trench coats can be awkward on public transport etc. as when you sit down all of a sudden you resemble the speigeltent.

My navy one is above knee/below thigh

Id actually not size up - a good trench will have some shape and fit well and still give movement on top of your suit. Too often I hear wives tell their husbands to size up and they end up looking like Columbo

here's a crud phone pic from last year - Jase - take note im wearing your scarf:)

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll try and talk you into it... I mentioned a few days ago I was surprised at how nice that coat was. Overpriced at $700 but not too bad at $525. I'd seriously consider it myself if I didn't already have a trench coat.

I have to wonder though why HB are having a sale on stuff that only came into store a couple of weeks ago...

Anyone know where the trench coat is made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads