1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Unless of course you have other plans for that cigar...

2. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

Hey Foxhound, do you smoke cigars? I'm moderately young too (early 20's) and I feel like a bit of a dick every time I smoke one in public. I feel like you have to be a bit older to get away with it, but I keep persisting. It's a different story in other parts of the world but here it seems a bit affected, to me at least. I'm no conisseur, but enjoy a decent one. Cigarillos are a bit more inconspicuous. Just every time I see a younger guy like myself smoking one he is taking selfies and shit.

It's a good look though. I'll bring out a stogie next time I don my white chinos after that picture you painted.

3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I smoke lots, cigars included. I'm quite young, 19. I know what you mean, all my friends tell me I dress well, but call me a Dad, and more then not, when people meet me, people think I'm gay because I like to dress well. I'm not talking about floral shirts either here. Just my usual getup, Chinos, Brogus, OCBD/Gingham and a Jacket. It's depressing. I rarely go to house parties, I'm at clubs every weekend, but when I am I'm often having a cigar. Every one wants to have a puff, but also laugh "Why is Adam smoking a cigar what". They'd also want to have selfies and IG pics with it.

4. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Ahhh...fixed. Feels much better.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. lukejackson

Haha yeah I hate it. Cigars aren't for sharing. I smoke cigs too but I'm trying to switch to cigars only. Would rather have 2 or 3 cigars a week, and cost about the same, if not less, also less damaging, and also more satisfying. And you tend to look like a playa'. Helps if I'm wearing leopard skin loafers.

6. lukejackson

I wore my white chinos the other week with vintage Bally loafers similar to these:

[​IMG]

but with gold horsebit hardware. I had a brown and gold open weave brioni polo on. Pretty close?

7. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

FXH is boiling.

8. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Where are the hot chicks in bikinis??? Focus man, focus....

9. lukejackson

Kissing the ruby signet ring on my little finger most of the time....among other things.

Edit: obviously I don't have a ruby signet ring.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  10. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Wont the ring feel uncomfortably tight as the action heats up? Just saying, you know...

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Anyone in Brisbane who is a UK9 or 9.5 should get themselves over to Richards & Richards.

They have some lovely pairs of Sutor Mantelassi left, priced at $295 a pair, including a pair of snuff suede single monks in a UK 9.5 and a pair of great austerity wing tips in chestnut and a pair of light brown suede captoe derbies in UK 9. They also have some other shoes, including a few pairs of suede desert boots made for Borrelli.

1 person likes this.
  12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

The best you can afford ? or the best available in the market ?

13. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

And style or fashion is objective?

Anyway, that topic has probably run its course. All this talk of white chinos.

[​IMG]

14. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

Hard to consider the chinos objectively with such a sweet pair of monks hogging the limelight[​IMG]

15. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

It would be my Balmain jumper a pair of king gee stubbies consuming quantities of Coors beer while wearing my new red shoes.

1 person likes this.
  16. fxh

fxh Senior member

I used to be disgusted. And now I try to be amused

17. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

All this talk of white chinos makes me want to wear white chinos tomorrow, however I'm fairly certain that I don't fit into mine after winter...

Speaking of summer attire, what do you think of one-piece collar shirts with a suit (no tie)? I don't half mind the idea, and I like it better than a normal shirt without a tie. I ask because a) I'm looking at going to work for a guy who's fairly anti-tie and b) I nearly died of heat exhaustion today walking ten minutes up the road to get lunch.

I tend to prefer white linen pocket squares, although this would give me a chance to wear some of my patterned silk squares that I never actually use...

18. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

While people in other countries might be able to get away with wearing a tie for most of the year, I think we can justify ditching the tie for at least half of the year.

It's way too bloody hot. The next couple of suits I commission will either be half-cotton or linen blends.

19. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a one piece collar which stands up well enough to wear with a suit, but then i haven't seen many examples of a one piece collar.

It's hard to beat the OCBD when it comes to wearing open collars with a jacket, as drearily conventional as that sounds.

Anyone got a pic of an awesome one piece collar?

20. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I have two by G. Inglese, gonna test drive it tomorrow so I'll post a pic then. They sit well enough under a jacket worn with chinos.

My BDs are all all Polo, and too baggy to put under a suit...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.